Author Topic: Tornadoes..  (Read 10810 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Tornadoes..
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 03:51:27 pm »
Brandon I am totally with you, we're having storms and tornado watches, unfortunately I have to go out in it to get to night class...  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 04:01:08 pm »
well have fun lol

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 04:04:35 pm »
i hope you guys don't think i'm weird,  but this is one of my favorite websites:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

great way to keep up on severe weather in your area, since local cable is kinda slow.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 04:10:39 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

I remember all the moms and kids going to the basement, and all the dads standing outside looking for the tornados.

Oooooh, Yad, you had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.  I'm a storm freak.  I love that stuff.  Sick, isn't it?  I've never seen a tornado, and I have to confess a really strange compulsion to see one.

We had a big, rolling, booming thunderstorm here in Toronto the other day, and I went out on my terrace, which is on the eleventh floor, and has a wonderful, big-sky view over the city.  I watched the storm just roll across the sky, cracking and flashing away.  Mmmm.......  So majestically beautiful.

Thanks for the little trip.  I almost felt like I was in Kansas for amoment.  You're pretty nifty at this word stuff, aren't you?

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 04:17:14 pm »
i hope you guys don't think i'm weird,  but this is one of my favorite websites:

great way to keep up on severe weather in your area, since local cable is kinda slow.

LOL, Andrew, I think we're probably all way beyond the point of thinking each other is weird....

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 04:17:28 pm »
Celeste - we think alike!  I have always been fascinated with storms and love to watch them come in from the west - the black roiling clouds, with lightning and thunder all around - maybe its a sexual/sensual thing, I don't really know.  But I do love them.

I do remember like you going to the basement with candles and the sirens blaring, tv on for news and changes - sounds creepy but it is one of my most favorite memories.

Does that sound too macabre??
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 04:19:43 pm »
LOL, Andrew, I think we're probably all way beyond the point of thinking each other is weird....

touche

lol
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 04:25:30 pm »
Celeste - we think alike!  I have always been fascinated with storms and love to watch them come in from the west - the black roiling clouds, with lightning and thunder all around - maybe its a sexual/sensual thing, I don't really know.  But I do love them.

I do remember like you going to the basement with candles and the sirens blaring, tv on for news and changes - sounds creepy but it is one of my most favorite memories.

Does that sound too macabre??

Mmmm...... good word, Judy.  Macabre.  That's what I was looking for.  I'm with you on the sexy storm thing.  Maybe this is waaaaaaaay too much information... should I tell this?

Long pause to think.  Okay.

I love shagging during a storm.  There, I said it.  It's just.............  Well, words fail, really.  A sensory delight.

Why does everything seem to come back to sex on this board.  Or is that just me?

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 05:08:29 pm »

Local cable here isn't slow, they break in if theres a rain cloud lol

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 07:20:17 pm »
Brandon has it happened yet?  I'm on pins and needles...you better look out for yourself.  Just the idea of a tornado freaks me out.

What is essential, is invisible to the eye....