Author Topic: Wal-Mart Tells Christian Groups to Buzz Off - BBM Goes In Front Entrance  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Wal-Mart told the American Family Association it would stock Brokeback Mountain in stores, in addition to placing them in the front of the store with other new releases and blockbusters.  AFA had demanded that the stores either not sell them in stores, or keep them behind the counter so that "children would not be exposed" to the film.

The Stephanie Miller Show had an amusing few minutes on the issue:

http://www.phillipdampier.net/downloads/stephwalmart.mp3
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

vkm91941

Thank goodness, muuc as I dispise Wal-mart, kudos to them for standing up to censorship and refusing to be dictated to by anyone.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Down here in Maryland, they were going to actually picket the stores.  When I went Tuesday morning, there was no BBM poster or display.  The clerk had to get a key and take the tapes out of a locked glass case.. What a disgrace.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
i went to borders today and they had it prominently displayed with a poster in their new release section.  there were only a few copies left, no fullscreens which was unfortunate for me, but not a dent in the surrounding king kongs and narnias.  i would've taken a picture on my cell if i had a way to post it..
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
LOL, that was a funny segment. Also, the following ones about the pregnant doll and the issues about which the AFA convinced Walmart to change their policy.

Make a bonfire??? LOL, Savonarola is baaack!
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Get your Brokeback and your birth control while you can!