Author Topic: Steve Martin's Tribute Clip  (Read 2698 times)

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Steve Martin's Tribute Clip
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:09:20 pm »
This was a repeat, but did anyone see last night's Salute to Steve Martin? They showed an old Letterman clip where Steve Martin and Dave Letterman went on a "Gay Vacation". It was pretty silly but cute. It was a montage of them running around together, eating ice cream, playing catch, ordering room service. Then they fight and get sad...then they make up and run down the beach. The epilogue shows them walking down the streets of New York with women on their arms. They greet each other awkwardly...then as they part...both Dave & Steve turn around and look at each longingly...and their women are oblivious. I thought it was very BBM. LOL. It was silly but cute.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Steve Martin's Tribute Clip
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:51:41 pm »
Didn't see it - sorry if I am wasting your time here.

I am replying because I am a bit miffed by Steve Martin. He was on Jay Leno a few months ago. Leno had a bit of a cold, hoarse throat and stuffy nose, nothing dramatic. When Steve Martin came on, Leno walked towards him and stretched his hand for a handshake. Martin backed off and refused to shake hands with him, explaining that he's afraid he'll catch the cold. I thought he was being funny, but he really went on explaining how he doesn't want to get any of the germs, etc., and sat down without shaking Leno's hand. I was flabbergasted. Since then, I have lost respect for him, however funny and witty he is, I can't forget his uncivil attitude. For a freaking cold... I don't care if one has the plague, I'd rather take my chances and act like a decent person than hurt and humiliate them.

LOL, can you see him in a visit to Africa? Or near a patient in the final stages of AIDS? Oooh, all the Pneumocystis carinii bugs waiting to get him...

Someone, please tell me he has some heath condition that makes him more vulnerable to infection. I used to realy, really like him...

"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 10:31:43 pm »
monimm did you notice your typo --

"please tell me he has some heath condition that makes him more vulnerable to infection"

?

Hee hee.
I've got a bit of a heath condition.

On Steve Martin: He's a genius; geniuses can be idiots.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:52:34 am »
monimm did you notice your typo --

"please tell me he has some heath condition that makes him more vulnerable to infection"

?

Hee hee.
I've got a bit of a heath condition.

On Steve Martin: He's a genius; geniuses can be idiots.

LMAO!! True freudian slip there, huh?

On Steve Martin: I guess you're right...
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 09:50:42 am »
I give Steve Martin props for refusing to shake hands with Leno for any reasons.  We all know how badly Leno treated BBM.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 10:22:42 pm »
I give Steve Martin props for refusing to shake hands with Leno for any reasons.  We all know how badly Leno treated BBM.

LOL, that's kind of a Three Stooges type of justice...