Author Topic: Tell ya: I been a Texas!  (Read 4839 times)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Tell ya: I been a Texas!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:46 pm »
Well Lucise, glad you got over to Dallas and attended a rodeo.  I'm not suprised it wasn't a big sellout. So many ppl from Dallas aren't from that part of the country and weren't exposed to ranch culture.  Don't know what there missing.  They'd rather go shoppin at Neiman Marcus.   I heard Houston has  a gigantic rodeo.  Never was intersted in going until I got the BBM "fever."    I think those TX cowboys like their Coca Cola. Everybody likes coffee. It's a "manly" drink in the American Southwest, they gulp it, don't sip it aka Cafe Latte style. 

Did you have to rent a car and drive out to see the rodeo or was it out in a downtown arena?   Did you discuss BBM with any of the patrons at the rodeo?  ;)   It was on CNN.com today, how Dallas is reaching out to gay tourist as they got that disposable income. Sure, I like to shop and go see a museum, but you can do that in any cosmopolitan large city.  Maye they should put in a rodeo as a package deal.  You can't go see a rodeo in Boston or Miami or Milan for that matter. 

Buy yourself a lit TX flag or get yourself a pair of cowboy boots? There also big on belt buckles I suppose.
Hi Kd,
actually it was me - not Lucise - having been to Dallas. You're probably right: many Dallasites are from other regions, so a rodeo doesn't really fit in their culture, unless they've been exposed to BBM!
Anyway the rodeo was held at the American Airlines Centre, a huge downtown polyfunctional arena catering to many events held in the city, and no, I didn't have any chance to discuss BBM there.
As for buckles, and boots, and spurs - and Resistols - it's just your choice: there's aplenty to choose there...
And as a final note I discovered that Dallas' most panoramic building is dubbed "Reunion Tower": another unconscious Texan tribute to BBM?
Luigi
They were two friends of mine