Author Topic: Message from Diane  (Read 9644 times)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Message from Diane
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 08:22:20 pm »
Thanks for all of your notes and “well wishes”. I had my surgery Monday and was released on Wednesday. I haven’t felt this good in …. well, I think it’s been years! My incision is large (about six inches) on my abdomen, so every move I make is a bit touchy. But, every day the pain becomes less and I can move more freely.

I hope all of you had a nice Thanksgiving. I was able to spend a couple of hours at my sister’s and I had a great time. Didn’t (and still don’t) have much of an appetite, but that’s not what Thanksgiving is about (at least …. not all that Thanksgiving is about).

I got my dog, Asta, back on Friday …. so now I have no excuse for staying in bed for long periods at a time. I just have to focus on recuperating.

I will try to get online as often as I can. I look forward to having further discussions with all of you about our favorite film, our favorite actors or anything else you all bring to the table!

In friendship,

Diane
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 08:36:22 pm »
Thanks for all of your notes and “well wishes”. I had my surgery Monday and was released on Wednesday. I haven’t felt this good in …. well, I think it’s been years! My incision is large (about six inches) on my abdomen, so every move I make is a bit touchy. But, every day the pain becomes less and I can move more freely.

I hope all of you had a nice Thanksgiving. I was able to spend a couple of hours at my sister’s and I had a great time. Didn’t (and still don’t) have much of an appetite, but that’s not what Thanksgiving is about (at least …. not all that Thanksgiving is about).

I got my dog, Asta, back on Friday …. so now I have no excuse for staying in bed for long periods at a time. I just have to focus on recuperating.

I will try to get online as often as I can. I look forward to having further discussions with all of you about our favorite film, our favorite actors or anything else you all bring to the table!

In friendship,

Diane

Oh Diane! I am sooooo happy you are feeling better now. I've missed you A LOT around here. Everybody has!  :D

It's really good to see you back again.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 10:20:10 pm »
Glad to see you felt well enough to post. Will talk to you soon.
Leslie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 01:51:33 am »
Yeehaw!  Nice to hear from you Diane!  I'm happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and it sounds like you're feeling a bit better.

see you around the forums Bud!
cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 09:12:09 am »
Hi Diane,

good to see you back on board!  :) You were missed.
Take good care of yourself.
cu around here,
Chrissi

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 05:11:56 pm »
We missed U! Plz make us a regular part of yr recuperation. You didn't happen to have appendicitis did you? I had that and love to tell my horror stories. Or did you have a big ol endometrial tumor removed? I had one of those too. Yup I have my battle scars. Say, Diane, did you have a thread about comparing Lee to Hitchcock and BBM to H's films? I've been looking all over and I can't find it!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 05:36:23 pm »
Diane! So good to see you again. And a relief to hear you're getting better.  :) Take your time and take care of yourself, and you'll heal up and feel just as good as new. I've been there and done that too, so I sure know what it's like.

But until then, be well, recover, and post a bit when you feel like it!  :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 05:52:15 pm »
Diane...

Hurry up and feel better okay??

I'm sick and tired of being the only Hoosier on here.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 10:00:33 pm »
We missed U! Plz make us a regular part of yr recuperation. You didn't happen to have appendicitis did you? I had that and love to tell my horror stories. Or did you have a big ol endometrial tumor removed? I had one of those too. Yup I have my battle scars. Say, Diane, did you have a thread about comparing Lee to Hitchcock and BBM to H's films? I've been looking all over and I can't find it!!

I have had appendicitis previously .... almost 20 years ago! YIKES! This time I had to have a hysterectomy. I had endometriosis (which they found when they opened me up!) and I had tumors that were being wrapped around by veins. My doctor described it like a rubber band around a finger that had been there too long. My uterus was very swollen. No wonder I was in crippling pain!!!! But the good part …. NO CANCER! We weren’t sure before I had the surgery. But everything looks good and I am feeling GREAT!

The Hitchcock thread is over on IMDb and was created by True Oracle of Phoenix. I have written him a note to see if he either has the link or if he has saved his essay so he can repost either on IMDb or here!

Later!

Diane
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 12:55:54 am »
Diane, welcome back! So glad to hear you're feeling better and are ready to jump back into the BBM action!

I haven't had a hysterectomy, but I did have an appendectomy the summer before last and it was actually one of the best weekends I can remember. First, the hospital was so much fun I stayed up til 2 a.m. just savoring the peace and quiet. Then at home: husband out of town, kids at their cousin's, a big supply of Vicodin and the house to myself! Seriously, it was great. (I guess that's kind of a pathetic statement about my normal life, hunh?)

Anyway, I guess I should save this story for the "what surgery have you had" poll or thread. Meanwhile, it's great to have you back, Diane. I look forward to seeing you here and at imdb.