Author Topic: Saw the Hand Holdin'.  (Read 31162 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Saw the Hand Holdin'.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 08:05:49 pm »
Such guys.

I certainly didn't see it as 'checking out each other packages' since Ennis is still half-drunk, but simply Ennis following Jack's hands down - from 'Whut're you doin'?' to a where are his hands going? - then he figures it out when Jack goes for his belt buckle...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 08:09:13 pm »
Such guys.

I certainly didn't see it as 'checking out each other packages' since Ennis is still half-drunk, but simply Ennis following Jack's hands down - from 'Whut're you doin'?' to a where are his hands going? - then he figures it out when Jack goes for his belt buckle...

OK, OK, I should have put that a bit more delicately.  Or a lot more.   ;)  I didn't see it as 'checking them out,' either - it was an eyes going subtlely downwards thing.  For me, it was the mouths slightly open with lust that hit me where I live. 
No more beans!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »
Righto, we all know the quality of the copy I have in MY possession, but even taking that into account, I don't see the hand thing.  :-\

My copy is quite dark, probably only a little darker than the cinema version but I can't get a lot of detail out of it.  For when I get my hands on a really GOOD quality copy, can someone please tell me exactly what I'm looking for and when??  Someone said earlier in the thread that its right AFTER Jack pounds the floor - but both his hands are on the ground then and it cuts to outside the tent..

A little help??
Chut up!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 09:43:50 pm »
If you look at the bottom of your screen a little to the left, you can see part of Ennis' jacket sleeve.  Jack is grabbing on to it.   After Ennis is, well, done, you see Jack grab Ennis' hand with both of his hands.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 09:46:16 pm by deedee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 09:48:53 pm »
I love that hand holding, because it happens right after Jack pounds the floor and it's almost as if Ennis is soothing him or calming him in some way, like he's saying it's alright, settle down...

I love this description!  I think it fits perfectly with Ennis's general sensitivity.  Even in this incredibly intense moment, deep down Ennis is very sensitive and caring.  Awww.... The level of nuance and the number of details in this relatively brief scene are incredible. 

In an interview, Heath once said that he thought that each love scene contained a story within it (which I think is a lovely idea).  The hand holding really does add a level of sweetness to a scene which is (too often) seen as just "rough."
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 10:21:19 pm »
Righto, we all know the quality of the copy I have in MY possession, but even taking that into account, I don't see the hand thing.  :-\

My copy is quite dark, probably only a little darker than the cinema version but I can't get a lot of detail out of it.  For when I get my hands on a really GOOD quality copy, can someone please tell me exactly what I'm looking for and when??  Someone said earlier in the thread that its right AFTER Jack pounds the floor - but both his hands are on the ground then and it cuts to outside the tent..

A little help??

Hiya hungry,

Watch carefully and try not to get distracted  ;D

After the lusty ground pounding, Jack's right hand goes back as he's backing up.  That's when it happens.  Jack may be trying to hold Ennis in (pant) so the delicious feeling won't stop, trying to get it deeper (pant pant), keep him in (pant pant pant) and Ennis obliges by holding his hand in a display of cooperation and consent in what Jack is doing, a bit of closeness and finally in helping Jack balance on just two knees, one hand and one impalement.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 03:03:14 am »
After the lusty ground pounding, Jack's right hand goes back as he's backing up.  That's when it happens.  Jack may be trying to hold Ennis in (pant) so the delicious feeling won't stop, trying to get it deeper (pant pant), keep him in (pant pant pant) and Ennis obliges by holding his hand in a display of cooperation and consent in what Jack is doing, a bit of closeness and finally in helping Jack balance on just two knees, one hand and one impalement.

phew. If I'm to get to sleep, I'm gonna need a cold shower, after reading this.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 03:49:41 am »

phew. If I'm to get to sleep, I'm gonna need a cold shower, after reading this.

Oh god...   *note to self: check Chez Trembley BEFORE shower in future*

Thanks delalluvia (starboard, you SO read my mind)... Now I know exactly what I'm looking for I'm going to sit in front of this damn computer until I see it..  I actually do see the part where he's up on two knees with the - ahem - impalement (pant x 5), so I'll look for the hand..  I think thus far I have been severly distracted by the extremely audible "hmph" from Jack, as though he's just been on the receiving end of a particularly deep - err - thrust.  Now I'm looking for the hand..

*dabs sweat off face, neck and chest*..  Now I'm off to dinner at Ray's place.  We might be able to hunt for it together. Bags Sheyne to hold the remote control..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 03:57:50 am »
shayne, when does the DVD come out for Australia? and when is the movie suppose to leave the theaters?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 05:39:59 am »

Hey starboard,

No DVD release date in Australia yet..   >:(  I'm dying to get my hot little hands on it.. Till then I've got to make do with amusing Malaysian-subtitled bootlegs.. hehehe

This IS Sheyne, by the way... I'm at Ray's house tonight for dinner and - well - we should have timed how long it would take us to get on this board together!!!! Heheheheee...
~A good general knows when to retreat~