Author Topic: Saw the Hand Holdin'.  (Read 31542 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Saw the Hand Holdin'.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 09:56:34 am »
DAMN, you guys.  I just had to go have a cigarette.  And I don't even smoke.
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 10:12:29 am »
Hey Sheyne and anyone else who doesn't have a good DVD and hasn't seen the hand holdin, check out the wonderful YouTube video "4 Nights in 20 Years," which is simply four whole great scenes, including TS1 and TS2. That's where I first saw the hands -- in fact, the ONLY place I've seen them; I couldn't detect them in the theater last time. Too dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZTMBth4-lg&search=brokeback

Lower left corner of the screen, right after Jack pounds the floor.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2006, 10:55:44 am »
Hey Sheyne and anyone else who doesn't have a good DVD and hasn't seen the hand holdin, check out the wonderful YouTube video "4 Nights in 20 Years," which is simply four whole great scenes, including TS1 and TS2. That's where I first saw the hands -- in fact, the ONLY place I've seen them; I couldn't detect them in the theater last time. Too dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZTMBth4-lg&search=brokeback

Lower left corner of the screen, right after Jack pounds the floor.

I'm with Barb... need a cigarette BADLY... (gotta wait four more days till I can download stuff.... stupid broadband contract.. I'm on dialup speed till the 12th..)

Watched it at Ray's tonight, unfortunately his copy was even darker than my "Through the Looking Glass" copy..   :-\
Chut up!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 11:28:05 am »
Definitely enjoying this erudite discussion.  ;D  I was hoping someone would mention what I've been thinking about the hand-holding.  Wouldn't Jack still be interested in putting Ennis's hand on his penis?  It seems to me to be where that's heading when the scene ends.  I mean, only one gun's gone off at that point...... :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 11:32:31 am »
Definitely enjoying this erudite discussion.  ;D  I was hoping someone would mention what I've been thinking about the hand-holding.  Wouldn't Jack still be interested in putting Ennis's hand on his penis?  It seems to me to be where that's heading when the scene ends.  I mean, only one gun's gone off at that point...... :P

Someone suggested that on the big board originally.  That the guys weren't holding hands per se, but that Ennis was doing the old 'reach around' to help his lover out and Jack was showing him where to go...Dunno, only you guys can say for sure.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 11:38:17 am »
That might have been too much for Ennis that early on.  For their first encounter it might have been safer to get Ennis off then to try and make Ennis get him off.  It's like, it would've implied that he was interested in Jack's dick which could've meant all kinds of things (like he was queer).

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 11:57:28 am »
According to the story, it was Jack's "gun" that went off. If Barb can do it, I don't see why he couldn't!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 12:11:00 pm »
Someone suggested that on the big board originally.  That the guys weren't holding hands per se, but that Ennis was doing the old 'reach around' to help his lover out and Jack was showing him where to go...

I don't think Ennis would have done that on his own.  Jack would have had to guide him.

That might have been too much for Ennis that early on.  For their first encounter it might have been safer to get Ennis off then to try and make Ennis get him off.  It's like, it would've implied that he was interested in Jack's dick which could've meant all kinds of things (like he was queer).

I agree, but Jack started out the scene by placing Ennis's hand there.  In the heat of the moment, would he be doing all that much reflecting on Ennis's delicate sensibilities?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 12:22:13 pm »
Oh, another clue...why do u suppose Jack was doin the laundry the next day? Because he probably needed both their shirts and all his clothes (hence his nakedness) to mop up the mess!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 12:26:01 pm »
Someone suggested that on the big board originally.  That the guys weren't holding hands per se, but that Ennis was doing the old 'reach around' to help his lover out and Jack was showing him where to go...

I don't think Ennis would have done that on his own.  Jack would have had to guide him.

I agree, but Jack started out the scene by placing Ennis's hand there.  In the heat of the moment, would he be doing all that much reflecting on Ennis's delicate sensibilities?
I forgot that Jack puts Ennis' hand on his hardon initially.  The other thing to remember is that they were both kind of drunk, at least drunk enough to lower inhibitions. 

As far as Jack guiding Ennis in, in the story there is that reference to not needing a guide book even though they'd never done it before.  In a situation like that so much of it is unspoken...hell I guess that happens with a lot of first time sex in general.

What is essential, is invisible to the eye....