Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278316 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »
Sounds like some high-class entertainment, Tru. Enjoy! Me, I'm off for my all-night date with a cowboy name of Charlie, who's one year old. Yee-haw!

As Fritz would say, Geaux, Grandma!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2013, 07:04:27 pm »
Happy New Year to all our EuroBrokies!

gott nytt år

glückliches neues Jahr

feliz año Nuevo

bonne année

Bliadhna Mhath Ùr

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »
Thanks for this, usual fireworks in my birth city. I only ever saw them once live from my Mother's balcony on NYE 1999. I use to go to bed and set the alarm to watch them on TV.  As I hate crowds I never went into the city.
As usual I went to bed about 9.30pm. Woke at midnight when someone nearby set off a few fireworks  then woke again a little after 2am and thought it is New Year in Sydney.
It is now approaching 7am here in Dunedin so

Happy New Year Everybody

Hope the new year has started well, you will have a beutiful day Brian. Europe has almost finished its celebration of the new year....so for me its time to hit the bed....and pas the New Years Eve Torch, towards west.                             

Happy 2014 Everybody!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2013, 10:14:04 pm »
Hope the new year has started well, you will have a beutiful day Brian. Europe has almost finished its celebration of the new year....so for me its time to hit the bed....and pas the New Years Eve Torch, towards west.                             

Happy 2014 Everybody!

Lovely metaphors here! Time travel messages from the future and passing the torch! (I've always used the same joke on New Year's Eve when sending emails to friends in San Francisco--the Time Overlords send Benign Messages to the Past!)

For years I have done nothing at all, but tonight I am invited to a New Year's Eve Dinner and Celebration within sight of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, which is only 8 city blocks North and one block East from Ground Zero of times Square--and it FEELS as if it's 18F outside! Eeek! So I'm attempting to dress warmly and be slightly festive, if only to do the right thing re My Kindly Hosts. Haven't a clue HOW I will mange to run the Gantlet between the Celebrants and the Police (who will be attempting to herd me elsewhere)--Oh well! Wish me luck! Gott nytt år, all!

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »

Lovely metaphors here! Time travel messages from the future and passing the torch! (I've always used the same joke on New Year's Eve when sending emails to friends in San Francisco--the Time Overlords send Benign Messages to the Past!)

For years I have done nothing at all, but tonight I am invited to a New Year's Eve Dinner and Celebration within sight of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, which is only 8 city blocks North and one block East from Ground Zero of times Square--and it FEELS as if it's 18F outside! Eeek! So I'm attempting to dress warmly and be slightly festive, if only to do the right thing re My Kindly Hosts. Haven't a clue HOW I will mange to run the Gantlet between the Celebrants and the Police (who will be attempting to herd me elsewhere)--Oh well! Wish me luck! Gott nytt år, all!

LOL....a cross time square!!!....does your friend really know you live on eastside!!! Found this lovely crowd surfing boat...but I am not sure if it is available...I guess they most be popular days like these.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2014, 01:20:18 am »

Became fascinated by the new google logo...so cute...did you notice, they all dance in different ways, with their legs. Made me a bit philosophic, wondered, how will the last number dance?

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2014, 06:50:57 am »

LOL...what a hip four...it must be a sign...this is going to be a hip horse year.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2014, 09:23:38 am »
Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years!

I was only about 20 minutes from my apartment, so I didn't have far to travel.  On the way one I saw a hell of a wreck, police had blocked off the road, it was an SUV and a car.  I didn't see the car, but the SUV was demolished. 

Chrissi, Sylvester was a disco/dance musician.  He was usually described as a drag queen, but he was not fond of that describption.  He had a number of dance hits through the 70s and 80s, with his last album being released in 1986.  His carreer was cut short when he found out he had AIDS in 1986, and he died in 1988 at 41.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2014, 03:17:31 pm »
In about 30 minutes I am going to start consuming alcohol and if I see the ball drop I see it and if I don't, I don't.

Happy New Year!

So, did you see it drop, Truman? If he saw it, we can go ahead with 2014. If he didn't see it, maybe we'll be stuck in 2013 longer! Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Me, I'm looking forward to the New Year...bring it on!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2014, 03:56:14 pm »
I wonder why Denver doesn't "drop" something? What could it be?  ???

Over this holiday I learned that Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, home of the marshmallow peep, drops a giant peep at midnight on New Year's Eve.  ;D

I think Hershey drops a giant Kiss, and Lebanon, Pennsylvania, drops a giant bologna.  ;D

(Lebanon bologna is a kind of regional wurst. I don't know whether it's available outside Pennsylvania.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.