Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278345 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:09 pm »

we should have found our own place, but we didn't and now I'm stuck in this hole called Colorado for the foreseeable future. I get out of Denver at every possible opportunity. I hate it here.

and if that's whining so be it.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2007, 12:19:22 pm »
There is absolutely no reason to GO anywhere else in the US more then ONCE, either the landscape itself  or the people who live there are boring. California isn't worth the trip, while the Pacific NW may be pretty but the people are on mars. Texas???? I'd rather be dead. The South? Flat and dumb. Florida? Flatter and dumber.

Shit, that's hard.  :laugh:

I have lived at least briefly in the West (Ketchum, ID), the East (NYC), the South (New Orleans) and the Midwest (various). I always wind up not wanting to live in the places I live, too. But the places I travel to -- that's different. I've been in all but four states and I've liked almost everywhere enough to daydream about living there instead of wherever I actually am living.

On New Year's Eve I'll be in Denver, actually. Not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but it won't be with the fire and brimstone crowd.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2007, 10:15:47 pm »

Jack, how many people are you trying to offend?  I don't get why you are saying these things.  ???

Shall we start counting, Elle?  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2007, 10:41:47 pm »

we should have found our own place, but we didn't and now I'm stuck in this hole called Colorado for the foreseeable future. I get out of Denver at every possible opportunity. I hate it here.

and if that's whining so be it.

Jack: We need to talk.

Fortunately, I am not easily offended. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was. In fact, I don't think I know what "offended" means.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2007, 10:58:10 pm »
Well, I live in the "flatter & dumber" state of Florida and absolutely love it here!  Especially this time of year.  You can't beat it.   I will probably be spending New Years Eve at home with my 4 legged, hairy "kids" around me.  I will probably go to bed at my regular time, and sleep right through the start of the new year.  I never did get into going out and celebrating the the end of one year and the start of a new one.  It's just the start of another year for me. 

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2007, 03:59:29 am »
Very OFF TOPIC, and possibly TMI, but.......
Everybody should ignore me, I am really not up to speed. In the last few weeks i almost lost my aunt and spent weeks in NY dealing with it. I came back and moved in with my son 2 days later, because he had this surgical procedure and needed someone there, in the house, to help him. I came home TONIGHT....Our own house is STILL a shambles. We have a lovely  'sick house' in Denver which took 50 thousand bucks to  decontaminate. We had to leave it for 2 1/2 months---and we got a fully working bathroom back YESTERDAY while we still do not have a working kitchen.  The two of us are tired of eating out and tired of cooking snacks on a damned hot plate. Last saturday, adding insult to injury,  the house was robbed. In  early January my wife has to get a hysterectomy, and before that is having hand surgery. While I'm crazy, I am also very crazy about my WIFE, who took me 30 years to catch: how much does one woman have to deal with??? And she is still not 100% from the various ilnesses she got from living in this lousy former 'sick house', which--even now that it is fine and healthy--we can't sell without losing our shirt in the current market.  On Monday we flee east for Christmas. In February i have to head back east AGAIN to help my aunt get settled. I took a year off to 'write' and haven't written anything meaningfull in MONTHS.

Yeah i know; it sounds like a soap!
And we have not even had our first wedding anniversary>>>that's January 6th...

I am waaaaaay stressed out. I can't stand anything which has happened anymore and wish I had never ever come to Colorado

Look, when you come right down to it I can be a whiny jackass.  I can also be a total geographical snob. I  may not much care for a lot of places, which is my right, yet that does not give me ANY right to be so tactless I upset anyone>>> I mean hell different strokes for different folks. I apologise for upsetting so many of you. I KNOW a lot of you. And artiste, I actually DO want to hear your questions in Montreal, that was not an insult roflmaol!!!

On the other hand, I am always being pointed at in Colorado for saying I like Kansas.  Kansas is flat and boring....and you can hear the ocean in the grass, hear the silence within the wind as it mauls the land.

Just bear with me. I'm sick to death of it all. And thanks for telling me to cut the crap, I needed it. If I get that way again, JUST TELL ME, I'm on the thick side.

Again....sorry my friends. I really feel badly about being  an idiot with you all.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2007, 04:00:53 am »
Oh man, I knew it had to be something.  You were so extremely nice when I met you at the BBQ.  :)

I'm sorry you are having all that rough stuff.  I'm sending good thoughts to you, Katrina, your son, and your aunt.  And then to all of Denver to do right by you.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2007, 04:08:51 am »
 :-*

thanks elle....again, I apologise  for upsetting anyone. Sometimes I can be a whiny jerk.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:18 am »
[Elle high fives Jack]  Hey, I can for sure be a whiny jerk too!  Especially when overwhelmed.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:10 am »

California isn't worth the trip, while the Pacific NW may be pretty but the people are on mars. Texas? I'd rather be dead. The South? Flat and dumb. Florida? Flatter and dumber.
-----------------------------------------------------------

. People everywhere can be
   crazy or sane.. I dont think it has a whit to do with location...JMO  You have every reason to be disgusted.
   Go ahead and get it all off your chest.....This is the place to do it...noone will fault you for it. 
   I will add my good wishes to Elles and say we can all be thinking that your new year gets only better and
   better.  You have survived the onslaught this year...   

Beautiful mind