Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278343 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2008, 12:23:36 am »
I'm throwing a party tomorrow night (about 15 people) and I'll be frying chicken tomorrow morning and afternoon. I have 5 chickens ready to fry, and I also bought some extra packs of chicken legs since everyone seems like like those the most.

We will be drinking, but everyone MUST have a designated driver, and if they don't they must surrender their keys. Last year I ended up driving 5 people home and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this year. :P

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2008, 02:22:54 am »
No lobster for the New Year's, because they move backwards!

Uh-oh ... Well, there's no chance of me going backward at this point.

How about lobsters are lucky at New Year because they are always looking around for opportunities, they are quick to reach out and grab what they want, and they have developed thick shells to protect them when times get tough.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:30 am »
Matt, it's hard for us up here (with 3 feet of snow on the ground) to imagine enjoying the holidays at bbq's and beautiful summer temps! Enjoy friend.

Brad

Hey Brad, its mid summer here, and sure Santa still arrives in a sleigh rather than on a surfboard, but I am sure all of us here would love to experience a white Christmas, fire going, mulled wine etc etc.

Offline ZK

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2008, 07:25:07 am »
Matt, you should log on just after it turns 2009 in New Zealand and send us a message from the future!! ;)

Have fun at your barbeque! :D

Great idea David, well its now 0020 on 01 january 2009. I heard the sound of fire works and rushed out to see the sky lit up above the city square. So from me in 2009 to all my friends I'd like to wish you

A Happy and Prosperous 2009

Be safe, happy and healthy

Matt

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2008, 10:06:42 am »
I'm off to a party in my sisters local "Brewers Fare" this is a chain of pub/restaurans which are kiddy friendly and have a big indoor closed off play area, ball swap etc, where there are people in charge of manning that area, play games with them, face paint etc etc.

The kids wear these little bibs so they can run about to their hearts content but if they go outside the door an alarm goes off at the entertainers desk in the kids area.

There is a load of folk going including my aunt and uncle who are here from gloucester. Hence why me and Cal are going, a kiddie friendly place wouldnt nornally be our first choice, but it'll be nice to be all together. And it sounds like it'll be fun.

I'm on driving duty but will be drinking on 1st and 2nd to make up for it!!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2008, 12:00:25 pm »
Great idea David, well its now 0020 on 01 january 2009. I heard the sound of fire works and rushed out to see the sky lit up above the city square. So from me in 2009 to all my friends I'd like to wish you

A Happy and Prosperous 2009

Be safe, happy and healthy

Matt

Thanks Matt!! Happy New Year to you too!

God, it's really weird to think we are in two different years right now. It's a bit creepy! It's only 11 am here, so we still have 13 hours before we cross over to 2009.

Happy New Year everyone!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:39 pm »
Thanks for kicking off our New Year, Australians!! 2009 can't come fast enuff for me!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »
Happy New Year everyone!  :-*

I'm about to make my mom's special Ham and Navy Beans, two lucky foods according to Lee.  Will probably go to see "Slumdog Millionaire" with friends, then come home and chow down.  It's supposed to be freezing in NY tonight.  I won't be among those in the Times Square crowd!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2008, 04:02:37 pm »
We will toast you with pomegranate juice since my friends are all teetotallers, friend Amanda!! I did my drinking tonight...a Maker's Make Manhattan while soaking my black-eyed peas! Yes, Shasta, we are planning on having ham, not hog jowls, and escarole, not cabbage. Greens are lucky, because they represent green paper money. Ham is lucky because the pig moves forward while rooting, meaning progress. No lobster for the New Year's, because they move backwards! Do you hear me, friend Paul??!!

Apparantly I am cooking hogs maws and black eyed peas. yum yum, can't wait, but it is almost mandatory where we are. !!!  I am then going to immerse myself in a vat of alcohol and watch the Time square shennanigans.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2008, 06:19:26 pm »
We will toast you with pomegranate juice since my friends are all teetotallers, friend Amanda!! I did my drinking tonight...a Maker's Make Manhattan while soaking my black-eyed peas! Yes, Shasta, we are planning on having ham, not hog jowls, and escarole, not cabbage. Greens are lucky, because they represent green paper money. Ham is lucky because the pig moves forward while rooting, meaning progress. No lobster for the New Year's, because they move backwards! Do you hear me, friend Paul??!!

I heard you, Friend Lee!  No lobster for us tonight.

We're having a big-ass snow storm here on Cape Cod!  45mph winds and all! 

I'll be hunkering down with a good fire, a Maker's manhattan to start the evening (cheers, Lee!).  Our great friend Peter visiting us from Santa Cruz.  Beautiful Wellfleet oysters on the half-shell (they don't move much), wild King salmon (must be good luck, they swim forwards and vigorously), homemade spanakopita (with fresh paper money spinach), and then Peter's special pumpkin streusel.  A bottle of Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut on ice. 

Happy New Year to all!