Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278331 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #280 on: December 31, 2014, 06:07:25 pm »
... Brokies who are already celebrating in the East!

Almost there, almost. 53 minutes to go!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »
I am here in the State of Confusion (Florida) just watching the news as it comes in as anti-marriage groups are trying last ditch efforts to stop marriage. They are trying to stop it by telling the clerk of courts that they will be arrested for issuing licenses. Well get ready the equality train is coming down the tracks! An Orlando-Metro area judge today clarified the confusion for that area and said its legal to issue the licenses there and Miami-Dade is doing it on Monday unless Federal Judge Hinkle rules again his perfectly clear order. And here is the biggie they all seem to forget even if they could stop all the clerks in all the Florida counties. Yes Virginia, there still would be marriage equality in Florida because all of us that were married in other states or legal jurisdictions are recognized January 6th anyhow :)

TT
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #282 on: December 31, 2014, 07:49:03 pm »
Oh my, Florida! :-\

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #283 on: December 31, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »
We made it to the other side! :D
I'm already in 2015, looking around .... no one here yet. Where are you all? ;)

Kelda only has a few minutes to go while you 'muricans are lagging far behind. ;)

Same procedure as every year: Greetings not from Germany, but from the future ;D
Happy New Year, Brokies! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2014, 08:04:42 pm »
I'm doing my best to bridge the gap! Watching fireworks real-time in Reykjavik, enjoying appetizers and drinking a Fog Cutter!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #285 on: December 31, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »
We made it to the other side! :D
I'm already in 2015, looking around .... no one here yet. Where are you all? ;)

Kelda only has a few minutes to go while you 'muricans are lagging far behind. ;)

Same procedure as every year: Greetings not from Germany, but from the future ;D
Happy New Year, Brokies! :-* :-* :-*
Sorry, made it over 14 hours ago  ;D
Actually I went to bed at 9.30pm, woke about 2.30am then properly at 6.30am.
Happy New Year
[/size][/size]

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2015, 01:59:58 pm »
Last night was fun.  :)  Good food, good drinks, good friends.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »
Well, I had a nice way to celebrate New Year's Day.

When I was out last night, I ran into a young acquaintance who's a church organist, though not my church's organist. Michael told me he was going to be playing the famous Wanamaker Organ in our Macy's (which was originally John Wanamaker's flagship department store) at noon and 5:30 p.m. today. So I made myself up to the store by noon. I stood by the great bronze eagle in the center court of the store, where I could look up and see Michael at the six-manual console of the organ.

It was funny. Before he started to play, he looked down right at me, so I waved, and all I got in return was a blank, uncomprehending stare.  :laugh:  Then later, when he was between pieces, he happened to look down again. He saw me, so I waved again, and this time in return I got the head-jerk of recognition.  :laugh:  In fairness, he's accustomed to seeing me in a cowboy hat, and I wasn't wearing my cowboy hat this afternoon.

Anyway, the pieces Michael played included Bach's Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland and the chorale tune Schmuecke Dich. It was nice to hear such good Lutheran music played on that enormous pipe organ.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2015, 04:47:28 pm »
Sounds heavenly!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2015, 06:51:17 pm »
It was funny. Before he started to play, he looked down right at me, so I waved, and all I got in return was a blank, uncomprehending stare.  :laugh:  Then later, when he was between pieces, he happened to look down again. He saw me, so I waved again, and this time in return I got the head-jerk of recognition.  :laugh:  In fairness, he's accustomed to seeing me in a cowboy hat, and I wasn't wearing my cowboy hat this afternoon.

:laugh:   It's funny how we can associate a piece of clothing with someone, so it's hard to recognize someone without it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!