Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278317 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:19 am »
I'll be at my friends' house for a party, I'll be making some stromboli, and some  of the mini-hot dogs in puff pastry.

I'll probably stay home NYE,

:laugh: :laugh:

I just finished posted something in Cellar Scribblings, quoting a sentence of Chuck's that was almost like the one above and adding an answer that started like Lee's reply. For a second there, I was confused -- am I back on the page I just left??

:laugh:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2017, 10:32:58 am »
I'll have a relaxing week at the Cape.

For New Year's Eve, Ptown has fireworks over the harbor.  I'll venture down to the beach to watch, even if it is 2 degrees.

On Saturday, there's a concert by Well Strung at Town Hall. 

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2017, 11:04:38 am »
:laugh: :laugh:

I just finished posted something in Cellar Scribblings, quoting a sentence of Chuck's that was almost like the one above and adding an answer that started like Lee's reply. For a second there, I was confused -- am I back on the page I just left??

:laugh:

Deja vu!  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2017, 11:05:09 am »
For New Year's Eve, Ptown has fireworks over the harbor.  I'll venture down to the beach to watch, even if it is 2 degrees.

bundle up!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2017, 12:18:57 pm »
Envious of the people in Austria! In 2014, EDelMar and I were traveling by back roads into Austria from the south, and we found an old Nazi gatehouse. Creepy!

Oh I'm impressed you went to Austria! Far away from your country!
You can find a lot of Nazi stuff in Austria and Bavaria, if you are well-versed in history and keep your eyes open a bit. Really creepy!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2017, 01:56:31 pm »
Oh I'm impressed you went to Austria! Far away from your country!
You can find a lot of Nazi stuff in Austria and Bavaria, if you are well-versed in history and keep your eyes open a bit. Really creepy!
You seem to be hung up on distance. These days people travel all over the world, the flights are a bit tedious and expensive but much cheaper than when I was young. Because I speak some basic German and French I often help tourists visiting our city at the bottom of the world.
Last Sunday there were two girls, probably in their early 20's, at our church service and they were standing alone at coffee afterwards. Someone said they were from Germany so I went over and talked with them but their English was much better than my German. They came from the Northern Germany and were working as au pair girls in our city. Of course we discussed how they were experiencing Christmas in mid-summer.
However I do realise that Australians and Kiwis (New Zealanders) are some of the biggest travellers in the world but I have generally thought that Germans are big travellers as well. I overhear a lot more people speaking German than French.

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2017, 02:13:49 pm »

However I do realise that Australians and Kiwis (New Zealanders) are some of the biggest travellers in the world but I have generally thought that Germans are big travellers as well. I overhear a lot more people speaking German than French.

You are right, Germans like to travel. Most of them just travel to Italy, Spain and France or to other German cities, though and they usually don't like to go very far.
Maybe we are not so experienced in travelling to far-away destinations, because Europe is very diverse. There are so many interesting cities and different landscapes - and you don't have to go very far to see totally diffent places and to hear/speak different languages  ;D
I speak German English, Italian, French (a bit) and Spanish (also just a bit), because I went there when I was a student (my highschool offered exchange programs every year).

However I learned that young Germans love to travel through Australia as backpackers. My niece went to there as well, when she finished university in 2015.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2017, 05:41:37 pm »
I'm going to a friend for new years eve. It's been a tradition for many years. Not a party per se, just a couple of her friends and a quiet celebration.

This year I have a catsitter. Last year, I had to bring my kitties to my friend. But because her daughter is allergic, the kitties were only allowed in the room where I slept.
So I had to go and check on them regularly during the evening.

And of course, in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep and I went to the loo, one of the kitties managed to escape the room when I returned from the loo. I had to chase her very quitely in the dark because people were asleep, in and out of every room with an open door. When I finally managed to catch her and went back to my room ------ the other kittie escaped when i opened the door!

So, as to avoid the same mistake again, I had to keep one kittie under one arm while I chased the other kittie in and out of every room, quietly in the dark.... ::) And when I finally got hold of her, I almost couldn't lift her up because I only had one arm to use. Somehow I managed, and with my arms full of lively kitties, I went back to the room and closed the door very thoroughly!

Let's just say I'm very glad I got a catsitter this year.....   ::) ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2017, 08:08:32 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: What a story! I can just imagine your escapades!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #349 on: December 30, 2017, 04:37:41 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Great story, Sonja! I can totally see you chasing around the house with one cat under your arm. :laugh: