Author Topic: We've got a big anniversary and movie event coming up  (Read 10841 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: We've got a big anniversary and movie event coming up
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 12:30:53 pm »
I keep my first theater viewing ticket stub with me whereever i go in my "wallet"  it says Jan 22nd 2006.  I was looking for Brokeback Mountain in theaters around here and it just wasnt coming.  Anyway I grabbed my daughter and entourage and finally saw it.  Only had to drive 45 minutes away..  My husband had a great Idea of putting the ticket stub inside my poster frame of Brokeback.  I think it will be safer there because I want to preserve the stub, its history!
 ;)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 01:18:26 pm »
I'm going to spend the month of December celebrating being pissed off because I wanted to see the movie and it was only playing in one theater in my entire god-damned time zone.  >:( ::) :P And, man, I was lurking on IMDb then, and there was someone who had a sig that said something like "Dec 9 if you're lucky, Dec 16 for everyone else!" Made me soooooooo grumpy. And then suddenly everyone had seen the movie, and I had to stop reading because there wasn't anything to read except spoilers and trolls.  :( )

(I need a "I'm going through my moody time again; please put me on 'ignore'" smiley.)

That was me too, Mel!  i was sure there was some conspiracy at work...it was mid-January before my first viewing.
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 01:30:32 pm »
SouthendMD,

You saw it at the Coolidge Corner Theatre?  Hope the sound system has gotten better.  I saw it on 1/6 or 1/7 at one of those newer up to date  screen cinemas.  I could hear the crickets chirpin in the background.  Real nice.  It sold out, but I got took off a 1/2 day of work to get there real early!
I was determined as I've never been determined before to see this movie.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »
I actually posted some thoughts on my anniversary, if anyone is interested.

Here's the link:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/26460.html

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 06:13:23 pm »
For me, it wasn't until late January! Partly that was because December was really busy for me, and I didn't get a chance. But also, it was because I wasn't in much of a hurry. I thought it would be good and all, but I wasn't all that excited about it. Finally, I had a night off to go to the movies, and I picked BBM only because it had the most convenient showtimes. If I had known that from that point on my life would never be the same, maybe I'd have picked "Munich" instead!

Kidding, of course. (And I never did see "Munich.")

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 07:19:43 pm »

Kidding, of course. (And I never did see "Munich.")

I did see Munich. And all I can remember from it was that it was bloody and Eric Bana was good looking.

As for BBM...well....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 12:06:52 pm »
Looking at my stubs I saw it about a week after it came out in the UK.
14 January in Dundee with my 2 mates and then again on 22nd with my Mum.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 12:30:11 pm »
I keep my first theater viewing ticket stub with me whereever i go in my "wallet"  it says Jan 22nd 2006.  I was looking for Brokeback Mountain in theaters around here and it just wasnt coming.  Anyway I grabbed my daughter and entourage and finally saw it.  Only had to drive 45 minutes away..  My husband had a great Idea of putting the ticket stub inside my poster frame of Brokeback.  I think it will be safer there because I want to preserve the stub, its history! ;)

Boo-hoo, I didn't think to keep my ticket stub.   >:(  But saw it the day before you did, Jan. 21st.  I'd read an interview with Ang Lee in the KC Star the month before and had followed the news and reviews -- it was in limited release at the time, had to drive all the way to Cupcakeland (a/k/a the Kansas suburbs) to see it in a theatre that sold out in 20 minutes. Three Saturdays later, it opened in a theatre much closer to home and had to go see it again--it kind of all widened out from there. Now I'm on two forums, helping on a newsletter for one of them, working on a fanfic story, have donated DVD copies to two college libraries  and own two of my own, wide screen and full screen!

Talk about divine madness.....

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
January 7th for me, with a hundred mile round trip to see it.

I will never forget the feeling of seeing the croud out front and wondering if we would be able to get tickets. And I will never forget the first time I heard Jack tell L.D. Newsome: "Now you sit down you ole' sonofabitch" and everyone in the theater applauded.  8)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 03:58:47 pm »
I drove four hours one way to see it during the first week in January. (And then I drove back.)

And then, the next week, it opened in my town. Last minute change in the schedule; the little local theater chain managed to pick up maybe four or five prints and served as a test for how BBM would play in smaller towns, at least ski towns and college towns.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.