Author Topic: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!  (Read 47961 times)

one_of_one

Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 3 up!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 08:01:23 pm »
I just read the three chapters this evening....and I am hooked.  What a great story, Mandy :) 

SPOILERS

I love that they are just passengers on the same train who start to notice each other....and then Jack misses Ennis one time that he ends up calling his house. And the whole "I ain't queer" thing made me giggle.  Sure Ennis, that's why you're quite happy to get picked up by some strange guy and go for a drink with him.....

One thing that's left me wondering is Jack's phone call to Ennis's house.  KE paused a long time before answering Jack's question, I wonder why that was.  Is he puzzled that someone is saying he is Ennis's friend?  Has he had inklings about Ennis in the past and this man calling has set him wondering?

I wonder what Ennis's story is...Jack seems so distanced from his life; in a marriage that so soon is going nowhere, with a baby on the way, with his conflicting feelings towards other guys, his problems being able to write.  He seems very down about his life, very detached.  I feel for him.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 11:16:42 pm »
Thanks Helen!! I'm glad you like it  :D

I'm glad the "I ain't queer" line made you giggle because when I was writing it I just had to shake my head and think "Oh, Ennis..."

And Ennis (and K.E. for that matter) is a huge mystery in this story. I always felt like Ennis was a bit of a mystery while watching the movie and I wanted to portray some of that in my story, so I'm glad I have you wondering what his story is and what that pause meant... we'll find out more about him in the next chapter  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:43:32 am »
Well Mandy, now I know what addicts must feel like, you give us just enough to keep us hooked!  :D  I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling with being sick but I am so grateful for this chapter.  OMG Ennis is such a mystery man in this.  I can't wait until we get some of the back story on him in the parallel universe.  If he's living with KE in the city, does that mean there's no Alma and the girls or has Alma already kicked him to the curb for dallying with someone else? Hmmmmm...more please as soon as you're feel up to it
Life is not a dress rehearsal

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 03:43:34 pm »
His cowboy was sitting on the edge of one of the seats at the other end of the car leaning forward with elbows resting on knees, his hands clasped between his legs. He looked at Jack, his lips in a tight line, but Jack thought he saw something else there.

I liked that! God, that Dan is going to great lengths to prove he's straight! He's quite annoying!  ;)

Great story....

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 04:39:17 pm »
Well Mandy, now I know what addicts must feel like, you give us just enough to keep us hooked!  :D  I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling with being sick but I am so grateful for this chapter.  OMG Ennis is such a mystery man in this.  I can't wait until we get some of the back story on him in the parallel universe.  If he's living with KE in the city, does that mean there's no Alma and the girls or has Alma already kicked him to the curb for dallying with someone else? Hmmmmm...more please as soon as you're feel up to it

LOL Dottie, I'm glad I've got you hooked! All Ennis mysteries will be solved next chapter... well, maybe not, but you will get more of his story! I'm already working on it and fear I may have another chapter of this out before TLBoH  :-\

His cowboy was sitting on the edge of one of the seats at the other end of the car leaning forward with elbows resting on knees, his hands clasped between his legs. He looked at Jack, his lips in a tight line, but Jack thought he saw something else there.

I liked that! God, that Dan is going to great lengths to prove he's straight! He's quite annoying!  ;)

Great story....

Thanks Mel! Glad you liked that part  :D

We'll get more on Dan soon, he's even annoying me, but there is more there than meets the eye  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 04:52:23 pm »
We'll get more on Dan soon, he's even annoying me, but there is more there than meets the eye  ;)

I knew it!!!!!!!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 07:18:08 pm »

Offline dot-matrix

Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 4 up!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 04:23:21 am »
Wooohooo Chapter 4 so quick!  :o  Thanks Mandy!  Yeoza, Alma's dead and there's no Jenny in this time line....WOW!  I'm a so lovin this  :D  and I can't wait to see all about Mr Dan I can totally see that he doth protest too much about being completely straight now...Uh hmmm, yeah sure, pull the other one.  ::) .

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 10:17:47 pm »
Glad you're liking it Dottie, I think you remain my biggest fan  ;)

Yeah, Dan's not fooling anyone is he....

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 10:31:07 pm »
Glad you're liking it Dottie, I think you remain my biggest fan  ;)

Yeah, Dan's not fooling anyone is he....

;D Nope ol Dan ain't foolin no one!

I think actually Victoria is your biggest fan, but I carry a close second!  Her Dad's in the hospital again so she has not seen Chapter 3 or 4 yet, but I told her they're up.  Keep your pencils sharpened or whatever it is you writer types do!