Author Topic: Lock the door, turn out the lights, unplug the phone, tonight's the night!  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I'm watchin' the DVD!

Been savin' it up since Tuesday. After all my usual Friday night chores are done, supper is over, dishes are washed, laundry's done, I'm goin' a smarten up in my best cowboy duds, includin' my blue Wrangler Jack Twist shirt, goin' a pour me some whiskey, and commune with Ennis and Jack.

I hope in the future to share the viewing experience with friends, maybe even, God willing, a boyfriend some day, but tonight it's all about me, me and Ennis and Jack!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
I hope in the future to share the viewing experience with friends, maybe even, God willing, a boyfriend some day, but tonight it's all about me, me and Ennis and Jack!

IF my copy comes today, I'm so with you on making a personal event of my first viewing at home...............
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
I had every intention of saving myself until the perfect time-enough energy, no interruptions, a good meal and a bottle of wine BUT all this talk started about dark copies and light copies and bad sound and I got scairt, had to pop it in there and then. Oh oh, what a night, oh what a garden of delight! Beautifully crisp and clear-I didn't think, after all the times I've seen it, that I could be this excited. I watced just enough to satisfy myself but tonight will be the night.

Umm, umm, umm

Heathen

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
Me too! I got scared with all the talk of bad copies too so I watched a couple scenes Tuesday night, but I'm watching the whole thing tonight. Right after I get back from a concert by one of my very favorite groups.  ;D

Hmm, is it sad that while many other college students will be going out to get drunk on Friday night, I'm all excited about watching a movie in my dorm by myself? Oh well, I'm happy this way.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Hmm, is it sad that while many other college students will be going out to get drunk on Friday night, I'm all excited about watching a movie in my dorm by myself? Oh well, I'm happy this way.

Courtney,

I don't think that's sad, not entirely, anyway. It sounds a whole lot healthier than going out and getting drunk. Granted, however, I'd rather be watching it with someone really special, but since I have no one special, it'll just be me communing with Ennis and Jack.

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
We are with you in spirit, Jeff and Courtney!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
Yeah, I'm not a go-out-and-get-drunk sort of person. I'd like to be watching with someone who understands, but sadly, I don't think such a person exists at this school.

(I don't really think it's sad either. And I will be going to a concert first....)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Where do you go to school?  Hopefully not BYU. 

I remember the option of going out partying or going to see a film. All parties in college now seem like a blur (a few do stick out) but I do remember the films quiite well. Light some candles, (can you light candles in a dorm) pine scented, hope Ennis and Jack walk out of the TV to keep you company.  Sorry, I'm thinking of THE RING and Samara coming out of the tv wasn't a good thing.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
LOL. No Kd (Karl?), I definitely don't go to BYU. It's a little Chicago suburb school. It's pretty liberal, but I just haven't talked to anyone here who understands.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Yeah, I'm not a go-out-and-get-drunk sort of person. I'd like to be watching with someone who understands, but sadly, I don't think such a person exists at this school.

(I don't really think it's sad either. And I will be going to a concert first....)

You mean, when the love of your life comes back after four years, you won't just go out and get drunk, and might not get back, you get to talkin' and drinkin'?

:)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
Jeff, I'm pretty sure that would be the exception. Might hafta head up to the mountains for a day or two, do ourselves some fishin'.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Jeff, I'm pretty sure that would be the exception. Might hafta head up to the mountains for a day or two, do ourselves some fishin'.

Go for it, Sweetheart! That foreman owes you. ...

;)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
 :angel:    ;D