Author Topic: I'll Be Seeing You: A Brokeback A/U fanfic by bailey  (Read 38523 times)

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: I'll Be Seeing You: A Brokeback A/U fanfic by bailey
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2007, 10:22:42 am »
Mending Fence: I'll Be Seeing You 41: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/89093.html#cutid1

Sorry to be abrupt; just posting a link and skedaddling, but I have to work today.   :-*

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Mending Fence
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2007, 09:07:29 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, another great chapter, especially the last line.  Great imagery.  They seem to have found the love they thought lost, and are bound together. And their love does burn bright and did get too hot for Ennis once before, but not now.   They and their love have come around, full circle, back to each other. 

But, like in the last chapter, advice is given but not taken.  Jack needs to take his own advice.  He begged Ennis not to keep anything important from him.  But, at the Wake he admitted to Freddy that he had to be honest with Ennis and tell Ennis about his past during the years they were apart.  Yet, so far, with his "Dad"'s death, he hasn't. Time for Jack to take his own advice, and have another long talk with Ennis.  And for Ennis, to have a long talk with Jack.  I know they are at the point that it is important, and won't drive them apart. 

Now Matt....Get on the phone to NYPD!!  Maybe invite your friend to visit rural Wyoming. 

Also, what "practice" did Danny give up in California to move to Riverton? Don't recall that from prior reading.  Will have to review those chapters.  Unless you happen to have that information on the tip of your pen...

Still don't like the idea of them moving back to Childress.  Even with an extended support system, there's too much baggage and potential danger for Jack in Texas. They didn't get all of the courtroom shooters. 

Wow!  Keep it coming...  Will not like seeing this end. 

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Mending Fence
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2007, 09:22:40 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, another great chapter, especially the last line.  Great imagery.  They seem to have found the love they thought lost, and are bound together. And their love does burn bright and did get too hot for Ennis once before, but not now.   They and their love have come around, full circle, back to each other. 

But, like in the last chapter, advice is given but not taken.  Jack needs to take his own advice.  He begged Ennis not to keep anything important from him.  But, at the Wake he admitted to Freddy that he had to be honest with Ennis and tell Ennis about his past during the years they were apart.  Yet, so far, with his "Dad"'s death, he hasn't. Time for Jack to take his own advice, and have another long talk with Ennis.  And for Ennis, to have a long talk with Jack.  I know they are at the point that it is important, and won't drive them apart. 

Now Matt....Get on the phone to NYPD!!  Maybe invite your friend to visit rural Wyoming. 

Also, what "practice" did Danny give up in California to move to Riverton? Don't recall that from prior reading.  Will have to review those chapters.  Unless you happen to have that information on the tip of your pen...

Still don't like the idea of them moving back to Childress.  Even with an extended support system, there's too much baggage and potential danger for Jack in Texas. They didn't get all of the courtroom shooters. 

Wow!  Keep it coming...  Will not like seeing this end. 

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments.  You really do understand what's going on in these character's heads.  It is indeed time for a long talk between Jack and Ennis.  I think Mrs. Twist's confession to her son will give him the impetus to tell Ennis everything.

Thank you for hanging in there.  This is my longest BBM series and it's not over yet.  As you say, they didn't get those courtroom shooters.

PS: Danny was a psychiatrist, but there's no reason you should remember that.  It was mentioned only once. 

karen1129

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
Bailey, I sooooooooo love this story !!

Karen

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2007, 01:14:29 am »
I'll Be Seeing You Chapter 42 - No Promised Land: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/89571.html#cutid1

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
The Promised Land it isn't...
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2007, 02:31:24 am »
Evenin'.

Really liked this part: "“I don’t like that kind a thinkin’. Whut good is it, anyway? We got whut we got right now, Jack. Let’s be smart this time.”

“That’d be a nice change,” Jack traced the whorls of Ennis’s ear with the tip of his nose."

Ennis realizes, and Jack does, too, that what they have is still somewhat fragile, and they have to concentrate on it, and work at it, so they don't make the same mistakes they did before. Jack was giving Ennis his "space," willing to let Ennis go alone to graduation and the wedding. But Ennis made a promise, and intends to keep it, and take Jack with him both times...wonderful!!

Still don't like Texas...seems like it was a bad idea back in 1964, when Jack head down there to ride the rodeo circuit. What will they do, other than help Bobby and be a magnet for those who don't like Jack in particular for what he did, and the two of them in general for who and what they are.

Still, bring it on!

Good that Jack had a talk with Matt. And Bobby is great as always ["Gross!"]...looks like a picture will be worth a thousand words regarding the relationship between his Daddy and Ennis.

Thanks again.

[Left this at Brokeback_Phoenix, too.]

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2007, 12:39:21 am »
Close Bargains - I'll Be Seeing You Chapter 43: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/90098.html#cutid1

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2007, 10:42:55 pm »
Everybody's Talkin' - I'll Be Seeing You Chapter 44: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/90135.html#cutid1

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2007, 01:20:41 pm »
I'll be in Miami for the next three days, and I won't have access to my files, so I won't be posting IBSY again until Thursday.  Jean the Wonder Beta did a lightnin' proof on Chapter Forty-Five so I could post before I got under weigh for the wilds of south Florida.  Please don't hesitate to point out any typos we missed in our rush, and I'll edit when I get home.  I'll miss you guys, but a premiere showing of Alatriste in a Latino theater sounded like too much fun to pass up. 

Here's the link to Love Regained - Chapter 45 of IBSY: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/90801.html#cutid1

This chapter is a natural breaking point anyway (I hope), and there will be that big barbecue in the next one.

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2007, 09:31:07 pm »
Where We Stand - I'll Be Seeing You Chapter Forty-Six: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/90988.html#cutid1