Author Topic: Argh!  (Read 2299 times)

Offline calenloss

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Argh!
« on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:54 pm »
I'm watching it again - why am I doing this to myself. Have ben thinking about it all day at work (much to the detriment of my poor patients) and having read a lot of the "Tiny Details" threads scattered about, I need to see it again before it goes back to the shop.

However, given the music is making me well up - is not a good sign.

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: Argh!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:28:56 pm »
Welcome, calenloss. :)

I think this is a movie that needs to be watched again, and again, and again. For emotional reasons, for personal reasons, for artistic reasons.

And if it helps to talk about it, there are a lot of people here who will listen, or talk back.

-Mel
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 08:00:38 am »
I'm watching it again - why am I doing this to myself. Have ben thinking about it all day at work (much to the detriment of my poor patients) and having read a lot of the "Tiny Details" threads scattered about, I need to see it again before it goes back to the shop.

Hey calenloss, relax!  :D  We all have seen this movie 10 to 20 times or more. So, don't feel guilty. Seeing it more than once is part of the process. We all went through it!! Feel free to talk about it, to post questions you might have. Like Mel said, there are a lot of people here who will listen and reply.

Welcome to Bettermost!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 04:57:12 pm »

We've all been there friend.  You will wander in a complete daze for days.  It takes a long time to go through what we call, the process.  And a lot of us want to immerse ourselves into as much BBM-related content as we can to make sure we aren't the only ones feeling this way.  It's all normal.  And if you want to really soak in the emotions, there is Brokeback Mountain Radio, linked off to the right of your screen, with music from the movie and lots of songs with lyrics that speak to the movie, its characters, its time and place.

The movie changes your life....  The good news is, usually for the better.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:00:07 pm »
Welcome calenloss!  Want a cup of coffee don't you?  And a piece of cherry cake?

I fully agree with what Mel and others have noted... the movie tends to get better (believe it or not) the more one watches it.  The inticacies and levels of detail and meaning take many, many multiple viewings to get a handle on them all.  It certainly does have the capacity to change lives too, I think.  Anyway, hope you enjoy our little campfire around here.

cheers
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie