Author Topic: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!  (Read 156365 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2006, 07:36:49 am »

My best friend and I were in love with him when we were teenagers.  It devastated us when he died.  He was so beautiful. 

Oh me too!     I was a teen then and I remember watching him in the TV show Voyagers and wishing that I was his co-star instead of Meno Peluse!  LOL

I'll confess that he was the cause of many masterbatory fantasies then!   ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2006, 07:44:42 am »
I love this thread! LOL

I was just in the shower thinking about Mick Jagger and Hullabaloo and I suddenly realized, no one had mentioned Illya Kuriakin! Illya...we all had major crushes on him. For those who are too young to remember, I am taking about David McCalllum as Illya in the Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Illya is the blond. Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) wasn't too shabby either.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2006, 08:49:41 am »
The year: 1966

the Movie:  The Russians are coming!  The Russians are coming!"
                  (yes, a comedy)

The Actor:  John Phillip Law

An irreverent and wacky "Cold War" comedy about a Russian submarine that strands itself outside a small New England town, throwing people on both sides into a panic. All-star cast includes Alan Arkin, Carl Reiner, Jonathan Winters, Eva Marie Saint.

John Phillip Law plays the part of a young Russian Submarinier who goes ashore and meets Carl Reiners family.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2006, 09:40:19 am »
Oh, David, I loved that movie! John Phllip Law...yummy! I forgot all about him. Alan Arkin was sort of cute, too. And remember teaching the Russians, "E-mer-gency, e-mer-gency, everybody to get from street!"

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:23 am »
I love this thread! LOL

I was just in the shower thinking about Mick Jagger and Hullabaloo and I suddenly realized, no one had mentioned Illya Kuriakin! Illya...we all had major crushes on him. For those who are too young to remember, I am taking about David McCalllum as Illya in the Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Illya is the blond. Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) wasn't too shabby either.

Leslie

Now you need to find a photo of him as Dr. Mallard, aka "Ducky," in N.C.I.S., where he works with that other hottie of my younger years, Mark Harmon--who still looks pretty damn good!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2006, 11:13:53 am »
Mick Jagger was so...something. I was alternately attracted and repelled.
Mick was brimming with sexual charisma. Tim Curry's Frank-N-Furter owed much to Jagger's example.

And speaking of attracted and repelled, that pretty aptly sums up my impression of Shane MacGowan, former lead singer of the Pogues. I'm not proud to admit that a person's appearance can repel me, but I could barely bear to look at him when a first cousin of mine introduced me to the music of the Pogues. But I liked the music, kept getting exposed to Shane's image, and over time, realized I had actually developed a crush on the guy! Not an adolescent crush, but a crush nonetheless. Shane introduced me to the bewildering and unexpected allure of teeth that only a mother could (or should) love! :P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2006, 11:15:05 am »
Ah, Mark Harmon, almost forgot about him:

L

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2006, 11:29:07 am »
Ah, Mark Harmon, almost forgot about him:

L

Holy Toledo!  :o  ;D

And he is fortunate that he is aging very well. He can still come and clean out my pool any day. Oh, wait. I don't have a pool. Oh, well, he can still come by any day! :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2006, 11:38:14 am »
Mick was brimming with sexual charisma. Tim Curry's Frank-N-Furter owed much to Jagger's example.

And speaking of attracted and repelled, that pretty aptly sums up my impression of Shane MacGowan, former lead singer of the Pogues. I'm not proud to admit that a person's appearance can repel me, but I could barely bear to look at him when a first cousin of mine introduced me to the music of the Pogues. But I liked the music, kept getting exposed to Shane's image, and over time, realized I had actually developed a crush on the guy! Not an adolescent crush, but a crush nonetheless. Shane introduced me to the bewildering and unexpected allure of teeth that only a mother could (or should) love! :P

Shayne McGowan brought much of his appearance on himself - his alchoholism which he seems to have refused to get under control has really made his looks, teeth, skin deteriorate. I have never seen o read an interview when hes not been drunk or high on something.

But a great singer and songwriter... and a really interesting character.

Just reading his wikipedia page there. Did you know that in 1976 at a Clash concert his earlobe was bitten off by a girl he had previously been kissing. A photographer snapped a picture of him covered in blood and it made the papers, with the headline "Cannibalism At Clash Gig", turning him into a local punk legend?!

Some quotes from him:

"People are talking about immigration, emigration and the rest of the fucking thing. It’s all fucking crap. We’re all human beings, we’re all mammals, we’re all rocks, plants, rivers. Fucking borders are just such a pain in the fucking arse."

"The British press have been giving me six months to live for the past twenty years - they must be getting pissed off interviewing me by now."

"I'm just following the Irish tradition of songwriting, the Irish way of life, the human way of life. Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result. Or scream and rant with the pain, and wait for it to be taken away with beautiful pleasure."

"The most important thing to remember about drunks is that drunks are far more intelligent than non-drunks. They spend a lot of time talking in pubs, unlike workaholics who concentrate on their careers and ambitions, who never develop their higher spiritual values, who never explore the insides of their head like a drunk does."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 11:46:12 am by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

moremojo

« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2006, 11:44:23 am »
Shayne McGowan brought much of his appearance on himself - his alchoholism which he seems to have refused to get under control has really made his looks, teeth, skin deteriorate. I have never seen o read an interview when hes not been drunk or high on something.
Yes, the man seems to be a chronic alcoholic. It's really tragic, and amazing that he's hung onto life for as long as he has.

Absolutely unique singer and songwriter, though...which may go hand in hand with his chemical abuse; his girlfriend stated in interview once that she couldn't imagine what Shane's personality would even be like without the booze that has helped shape it.