Author Topic: Any good board game suggestions?  (Read 11572 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Any good board game suggestions?
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:57:11 pm »
Hey guys~
Can you please help me to pick out a good board game!   I havn't bought a game in years. And I have no idea what's out there. I would like a game or two for family nights. We don't have enough of those nights in my house and would like to start for the new year.

Last games I ever played were scramble, monopoly all the old standards. I want something new and fun for the whole family  .2-8 players., ages 15 and up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. As games are so expensive now and there are so many to pick from!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:39:09 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Any good board game suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:04:35 pm »
Great Idea Geri we discovered and played this game on Thanksgiving.  It was a blast even the 6 and 10 year old could play along.  I also understand it comes in a Junior and Marvel Comics version and runs around $50.  Expensive I know but it was so much fun for us ALL and held everyone's attention

Scene It? DVD Board Game

Powered by two fully loaded DVDs, Scene It? It's exploding with real movie clips, trivia questions and myriad of mutated puzzlers, guaranteed to pack one heck of a punch. If you’re a fan of the movies, this DVD game will put your trivia knowledge to the ultimate test.

addendum...another one our family loves is Balderdash, that one can be play in teams.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:17:26 pm by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:07 pm »
or if you want something a bit slower and less physically taxing..LOL...

RISK

the game of world domination!

we like that one too...but it takes a loooong time...(usually all evening) and Don cheats...

*Jess looks around to see if Don's looking...*

injest

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:01 pm »
(though not as bad as he does when we play Monopoly...)

injest

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:32:13 pm »
BOGGLE

IF you like Scrabble you will like Boggle...it has nine dice with letters on them and a timer...you shake the dice...and roll them out...then you set the timer and everyone writes down all the words they can make out of the dice...when time is up you compare lists and whoever thought of the most words no one else thought of is the winner

and it HAS to be a real word! not just stuff you make up and say "well it is a very technical term us farmers use"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:01 pm »
Thanks Dot and Jess!  Both of those games sound like alot of fun!! Any game that brings out laughter and excitment is always good for the spirit of the family!!

Dot do you need any extra equiptment for Scene it?

injest

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:36 pm »
Yahtzee!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:35:44 pm »
BOGGLE

IF you like Scrabble you will like Boggle...it has nine dice with letters on them and a timer...you shake the dice...and roll them out...then you set the timer and everyone writes down all the words they can make out of the dice...when time is up you compare lists and whoever thought of the most words no one else thought of is the winner

and it HAS to be a real word! not just stuff you make up and say "well it is a very technical term us farmers use"

Iv'e played Boggle before.  That is fun I forgot about that one.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 09:19:54 pm »
Yahtzee!

Never played that one.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
PIT

it is a card game with a bell...it gets physical and loud!
Heh heh!  When I was in high school a group of 7 of us declared ourselves the Pit Club and got together on Friday nights. It was fun.      :D :D

We did other stuff - made strawberry jam, told ghost stories and such. But mostly it was all about the Pit!
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don