Author Topic: If you like RPS-Heath/Jake RPS  (Read 9689 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
If you like RPS-Heath/Jake RPS
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:28:29 am »
This is a great one "Water Walking' by elfellon111.

http://drifting-elfie.livejournal.com/4196.html

Heathen

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: If you like RPS-Heath/Jake RPS
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 04:16:05 pm »
Since there is only one non-Jake asnd Heath RPS (that I know of)--do you mind if I take that as an insult?
Reporter to Gandhi: What do you think of western civilization?
Gandhi: I think it would be a very good idea.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:36:53 pm »
Hey Roux, is this thread just for the one you mentioned or for all Jake/Heath RPS?? If it's for all, I'd like to mention Boys of Blue Ridge by Sienata...

Here is a link:

http://sienata.livejournal.com/7281.html
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:56:45 pm »
..and may I suggest "Conjugating Jake" on Live Journal--you'll have to go to the other board to find link--by fiftyandfifty. I read it all the way from Oakland to Chicasgo--a most memorable trip!

The "fiftyandfifty" comes from the fact that they wrote it, each alone, until they thought it should be the other's turn, and then served it back over the net..it's very organic, despite this.  And hot as hell...perfect thing to read at 33 thousand feet..unless, of course, you happen to ber in bed.

(twistedude--Companyofmen)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:58:50 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:15 am »
Since there is only one non-Jake asnd Heath RPS (that I know of)--do you mind if I take that as an insult?

hunh?

Hey Roux, is this thread just for the one you mentioned or for all Jake/Heath RPS?? If it's for all, I'd like to mention Boys of Blue Ridge by Sienata...

Here is a link:

http://sienata.livejournal.com/7281.html

Mandy, it's just that one.

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 01:31:31 am »
gotcha  ;)

I'm going to have to check it out. I've never really been in to RPS but lately I've found a couple that have been really really good and suddenly I'm obsessed  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 02:53:06 am »
Huh yourself. My own story is the only non-heath-Jake RPS, as faras I know. It's listed under "Companyof men." "ATlanta..." I thought because the original questioner asked about "RPS--Heath-Jake RPS" he meant mine could go to hell.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 06:57:15 pm »
Uh, not quite sure how I'm supposed to take your comments Julie and Companyofmen so I'll just assume you're joshin  :-*  Anyway, it's a fun RPS. I've tried to read some non-BbM RPS but they just don't do it for me the way Heath and Jake do.

O0

Heathen

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 07:18:10 pm »
Easy to understand--if you don't know the guys, it's hard to feel for them. But..I think you'd find my guys sufficiently Jack and Ennis-like. But maybe not...the story is listed under brokeback Mountain, even though it doesn't deal with Heath or Jake, and is RPS...

I meant, of course, the only RPS Brokeback Mountain that doesn't deal with heath and Jake.

Also loved "The Bellweather."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 06:22:43 am by twistedude »

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 11:00:59 am »
I just wanted to recommend The Bellwether by Debutante9 (the author of The Wolf and the Thunderbird)... it's been around for a while I think but I just read it last night and I thought it was really well done.

it starts here http://debutante9.livejournal.com/725.html