Author Topic: Emoticons at BetterMost: Can We Talk?  (Read 12548 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Emoticons at BetterMost: Can We Talk?
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:48:56 am »
Friends,  Ellemeno and Phillip have discussed increasing our currently available emoticons at BetterMost by at least 10, for a total of 26.

Elle kindly recommended me as someone with a feel for the subject, and I have agreed to spearhead a move to come up with the absolute best 26 emoticons we can find. 8)

However, I need someone with technical expertise to help me out.  I don't know the basics of where to find emoticons on the web and how to set them up.  Also, it would be great if we could design a few to be BBM specific, and I don't know how to go about that.

If you are a techie with an interest in this, raise your hand!  ;D

Even if you aren't the techie I seek, you may have an opinion or a suggestion about the style and content of our emoticon supply.  Please post it here!

Will keep you updated.  Eventually, I hope to be able to create a poll so we can all vote on our favorites.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: Emoticons at BetterMost: Can We Talk?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »
Hi Meryl.  If you are wanting BetterMost specific emoticons, I'm happy to draw them to specification, but still being a bit of a computard, I would need a techi to make them emoticonable.

I'll draw them if you'll support them!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 06:10:37 pm »
Hi Meryl.  If you are wanting BetterMost specific emoticons, I'm happy to draw them to specification, but still being a bit of a computard, I would need a techi to make them emoticonable.

I'll draw them if you'll support them!

G*d Ray - this is such an awesome idea!! Can't help with the technology, but I'll provide more moral and emotional support than you can imagine!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 07:05:57 pm »
Ray, that's great to know!  Thanks.  And Celeste, too.  Emotional support is always welcome.  :)

Now if only that brilliant technician will make an appearance......
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 07:13:57 pm »
Hey Meryl - make sure you check this thread on the CT board too!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 09:15:27 pm »
how techie does it get. isn't it simply a case of saving onto the site image files, the image as a gif in the place of the existing emoticons?

"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 09:24:50 pm »
how techie does it get. isn't it simply a case of saving onto the site image files, the image as a gif in the place of the existing emoticons?

Starbie - check out Meryl's thread at CT.  I found a site with all kinds of smiley's we can use, complete with an entire cast of cowboys.  If it's an easy tech fix, we might be set.  Thanks.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 01:25:11 pm »

Starbie - check out Meryl's thread at CT.  I found a site with all kinds of smiley's we can use, complete with an entire cast of cowboys.  If it's an easy tech fix, we might be set.  Thanks.

I did look through that thread and saw those emoticons. we could go with those, but we might run into some copyright gray water. beside, with all the creative people here, it might be fun too, to come up with our own bettermost emoticons.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:57 am »
Does anybody know where I could get a "the Wha?" emoticon, emoji, or animated gif?  :laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 08:32:08 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!