Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2525035 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #480 on: February 01, 2007, 10:40:55 pm »
:D   Speaking of exclaves, there's one in Kentucky too!!   Somewhat intriguingly, they divided the states in a very strange way at New Madrid, that place in the middle of the continent where the contintental plate is also divided strangely so that they have big earthquakes     :o

A bayou in sight of Kentucky... strange things indeed!     :o :o

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:43:48 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #481 on: February 01, 2007, 11:02:44 pm »
Ñow that is what I call ingenuity. ::)

I have noticed that Kentucky enclave, I would like to visit there sometime. I had ancestors who lived near there briefly long long ago, in Obion County, Tennessee.

So many places I want to go, what has stopped me in the past from just getting in the car and driving? (Sure sign of a mid life crisis).

So Wayne, what to you call that French "C" with the tail on it? Like in Francois?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #482 on: February 01, 2007, 11:07:05 pm »
Hey Shakes ! Hope you don't mind Lynne and me helpin ourselves to some whine at your place !     :laugh:   How you doin?
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2007, 11:26:27 pm »
So Wayne, what to you call that French "C" with the tail on it? Like in Francois?
:-\   Sorry, my dial-up shut off on me!  The tail on the "C" is called a cedilla.  I reckon they wanted to make the c look and sound like an s.

Don

Offline esseffjoe

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2007, 12:58:52 am »

how do you make an "enyay" the "n" with the "tilda" over top of it? Is there a comand that does this or do you have a different key board?

Hey all-- I couldn't get along without a Character Map, and this is not talking about folks who post.

With Windows XP, it should be found at Start > Accessories > System Tools menu. I use it so often I put a shortcut for it on the Start menu. As Wayne said, it must be done on the numeric keypad (a pain on laptops); and in some situations it may not work. Most times, it does for me.

ñ = Alt + 0241

Ç = Alt = 0199

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2007, 01:06:01 am »
Hey all-- I couldn't get along without a Character Map, and this is not talking about folks who post.

With Windows XP, it should be found at Start > Accessories > System Tools menu. I use it so often I put a shortcut for it on the Start menu. As Wayne said, it must be done on the numeric keypad (a pain on laptops); and in some situations it may not work. Most times, it does for me.

ñ = Alt + 0241

Ç = Alt = 0199

Thanks so much for that!  :D

I have been trying to find that character map for the past year.  ::)

God, I couldn't remember where it was.

Welcome To Bettermost!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2007, 12:38:24 pm »
Ya can't tell the players without a program!!    :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Joe, how you dooin?       ;) :-* :-*

Don

Offline esseffjoe

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2007, 01:06:33 pm »
Ya can't tell the players without a program!!    :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Joe, how you dooin?       ;) :-* :-*

Pretty good until I looked at my message. Then decided not so well.

Ç = Alt = 0199    should have read

Ç = Alt + 0199     

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #488 on: February 03, 2007, 01:20:54 pm »
That is so cool, I knew there was a way to do that!

• BetterMost Supporter!
Careful where you hide you bottle
« Reply #489 on: February 03, 2007, 09:11:55 pm »
 ;) Last night my friend Carol, the sage of Elamsville, told this story involving her maternal grandparents, it happened about 70-75 years ago:

Granddaddy would keep his bottle in a hollow fence post out by the road. When his ride would drop him off in the evening he would have a nip before going up tot the house.

One evening he caught a ride home with his boss man and wanting to impress him, offered him a nip, handing him the bottle first.

Now my mind is thinking how this translates into a 1930's, male bonding type thing. He is letting the boss man know where he hides his liquor, like he is welcome to come by and help himself. Or was it just brown-nosing?

The boss man soon starts throwing fits, as Grandma has discover the bottle and replaced the contents with cayenne pepper.

I gather they stayed toe up about it a long time.