Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2530314 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #5610 on: March 22, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

As per usual, the vid doesn't play for me - but I love the song! :D

Maybe youtube will have another version it will let you see.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5611 on: March 22, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »
Never, ever forget the way this thing made us feel. Hold on to the threads, when the memory becomes thread bear and let it carry you over, to the land of the whiskey springs, where there will be no good byes.

;D :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5612 on: April 03, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »
Hi, Truman!

This is Debbie.   ;)

Chuck says you were wondering about me.

Don't worry, everything is fine.  I've been really busy for the last few months and am about to leave town again for spring/summer travels.  I haven't been on BetterMost at all lately (not even to Chuck's thread here, where I used to say hi to everyone) except to go to the thread for the AIDS walk in Boston on the first weekend of June.  I'll be there, with Chuck and Lynne and Paul and some other people.

Would be nice to see you somewhere, someday.

Meanwhile, I've been doing most of my posting on DCF, and I'm not on Facebook.

If you have a DCF account, I posted a lot of my travel pics from last summer on the Travelogue thread in Meet Your Neighbors, if you're interested.  But I mean hundreds of pictures  :laugh: so I couldn't possibly copy them to BetterMost even if there was a place to put them.  They weren't Brokie-related; I just took some "tour group" type bus trips with people in Pittsburgh, whom I'd met the year before.  We went all around the country, including out west.

Hope all is well with you.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5613 on: April 06, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »
hi tru..  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5614 on: April 11, 2013, 02:50:08 pm »
Bless your heart Debbie that was so sweet of you to come over here and catch me up, I am glad to know you are doing well.

I know out yonder in Colorado there is a lot of snow right now, but lawd it is in the 80s here and I need to find my shorts. I just walked about a mile to the bank and back to try and burn off some of this fat and I think it is working.

Leaving in the morning for Bristol, Virginia-Tennessee and a very abbreviated alumni weekend. Got to come back Saturday morning. Still......

Hey Kelda, hope you are doing well.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5615 on: April 11, 2013, 05:32:46 pm »
Bless your heart Debbie that was so sweet of you to come over here and catch me up, I am glad to know you are doing well.

I know out yonder in Colorado there is a lot of snow right now, but lawd it is in the 80s here and I need to find my shorts. I just walked about a mile to the bank and back to try and burn off some of this fat and I think it is working.

Leaving in the morning for Bristol, Virginia-Tennessee and a very abbreviated alumni weekend. Got to come back Saturday morning. Still......

Hey Kelda, hope you are doing well.

Enjoy your break!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5616 on: April 14, 2013, 08:19:52 pm »

Nice talking to you, Truman.

Hope you had a good trip for your alumni weekend.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5617 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:15 am »
When I was in college 30 years ago, downtown was a seedy, deserted place with closed buildings, worn out old store fronts and the like.

What I saw down on State Street this weekend was amazing. A renaissance of shops and galleries and bars and restaurants. Historical buildings uncovered from the clothes they dressed them up in the 50s and 60s to modernize them. It was like walking in a strange dream in which some of the things were familiar and some of them foreign. What was so foreign to me were the people, everywhere, and no available parking places.

"Here comes Pork Chop" I heard the gallery owner say. I went out to the side walk and here come this redneck guy, dressed in t-shirt of scantily clad women walking a pig on a leash. An eager pig, eager to greet its admirers and sniff their clothes to see what stories he could derive from them. The dud said Pork Chop was about a year old and at first did not like the leash but now he was ready to go every day. He loved the attention he got and the treats they gave him at the Burger Bar. He said last year at the Rhythm and Roots Festival he plopped down in from of a BBQ vendor in protest and the vendor was begging the guy to make him move because people stopped buying his product.

And then in a instant I turned a corner on an alley untouched in many years. The one leading from the bus station to State Street. I stopped and paused and let my self be taken back to 1996. Let myself remember the face of someone I cared for driving away in a big assed car one last time. The last time I ever saw him. Right here.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5618 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:53 pm »
Hiya BBT!

Very cool that the area is revitalized, and that Pork Chop sounds too funny!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5619 on: May 08, 2013, 10:29:44 am »
Hello Truman.  I am so glad you had fun round about State Street. It was Rich you wrote about the leaving alley way, wasn't it? Take it easy dear.  I hope your doing well.  Last night we grilled hot wings.  They tasted delicious, but not after I ripped the label off the bottle of wing sauce and shook it up only to have the cap go flying off getting the sauce everywhere including splatting me right in my left eyeball.   OMG I felt massive pain.  Immediately I Flushed water from the sink into my unopened eye.  Bob got my close off me and walked me into the shower cold water running.  The whole time I was cussing the lord.  Omg ! I wish you have a nice day.   ;)