Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2589544 times)

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 12:06:40 pm »
your accounts of the WY trip are wonderful.  I feel as though i had been there with all of you.  I was in awe of your detailed descriptions.  I could feel the emotion behind the words and they brought tears to my eyes.  I especailly liked the side trip to Broken Back Mountain!  Wow, a real place! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings.  I have come to appreciate your style of writing and have gone back to read your blog since the beginning.  I was very touched by your personal story.  It was almost like reading a published story, very moving.  I would definately like to go on one of those little fishing trips.  You mentioned Alberta for next year.  I have already looked up their special BBM tours. I will continue to read your posts with great enthusiasm.  Thanks again. :)  a friend from CA   lil darlin

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Broken Back Mountain
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 02:06:35 pm »
... Now think, here we were, miles, oceans even, from our homes. Most of us having never met before. Many of us having never even met on line. Strangers for the most part a few days ago. Fellow pilgrims now, going to the mountain to pray at the grotto, to seek a miracle, to seek a healing, to have a vision, a vision of what it could be like, always.

I scrawled a prayer for the life and the soul of the unknown cowboy who was spotted one night in a bar watching the young guys play pool. The core mystery of this mysterious thing "we got going on here". I wrote: "'You have no idea' what you have done". I slipped it inside the pages of Brokeback Mountain and added my name to the guest register.

I thought of those who had climbed mountains, Moses, Jesus, The Von Trapp family, Dr. King, and I looked out into the far valleys, as far as I could see, to try and discern the future. It is a hazy meadow it the distance, with many flowers.

wyomen said he had prayed on this mountain top, prayed that love would come to him. He said he felt our presence there that day was an answer to his prayer. He, a single guy in a sparsely populated land has a lonely path to walk. I pray his prayers will continue to be answered.
:) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:08:12 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline wyomen

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2006, 11:04:32 pm »
Does anyone here know the way to the Cullen Board, I seem to be lost..................

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2006, 11:54:26 pm »
so does that mean he found it? I geuss this is a little off topic, though, so nevermind...
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2006, 12:01:43 am »
Ohhhh I understand. It's not a problem to be fond of someone even when you're married I think.  :laugh:

Yeah this is kind of off topic..off I go, too.
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:25 am »
 :)   Oh well thass good then.      :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Wyo_men!
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:56 pm »
Welcome, friend! Think about you all a lot in the past week. My mind wonders what the real lives of you amazing people are like.

Winding down from the first in a series of extended family get togethers over the long hoiday weekend. As wdj can attest, in the south, it is Deviled Egg Season...

I am full as a tick.

(Of what you ask.....)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline wyomen

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2006, 09:58:58 pm »
O.K. I'll ask..............

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2006, 10:19:35 pm »
Sometimes: "**it"

:) ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2006, 10:27:04 pm »
Hey shakes!  Just droppin by to say howdy - we're up in the mountains and i only get the phone line for a couple of minutes      ::) ::)

Hope you're having a good evening - talk w/ya over the weekend sometime I hope!!     :) :)

Don