Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2599627 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1620 on: October 05, 2007, 01:17:38 pm »
The problem is, presumption of innocence is a letter of the law maintained only in the courts. There is no presumption of innocence in the wider society (was there ever?); an arrest and charge is as good as a conviction in most people's eyes.

You said it!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1621 on: October 05, 2007, 01:28:50 pm »
Wouldn't you just think the police would have more important things to do? As long as these guys aren't going after kids?

I bet this is the kind of thing Rudy Guliani approves of, with his "quality of life" emphasis.  >:(

Rudy Giuliani is the only republican candidate that seems to be in favor of gay marriage, so I'm not entirely certain why you think he is opposed to it.

I think we're misunderstanding each other, Daniel. What I'm meaning to say is, with Guliani's reputation for going after "quality of life" issues in New York (broken windows, squeegee men), I bet he approves of wasting police resources on entrapment/stings of gay cruisers in parks.

This has nothing to do with gay marriage.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1622 on: October 05, 2007, 03:39:28 pm »
We should all write letters to the editor!  >:(

And we can do it online:

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/opinions/letters/submitletterstoeditor.html

I'm going to get my thoughts together.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1623 on: October 05, 2007, 04:29:48 pm »
The worst Craig did, as far as I can see, is invade his neighbor's privacy by extending his foot and hand into the next stall, and touching the one man's foot with his (could this be construed as assault?).

I think it can. Whether it could be made to stick in court might be another matter, but as far as filing charges go, I think it can.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1624 on: October 05, 2007, 04:42:36 pm »

I am wondering in your state, is sex illegal.?  They didnt say these men were guilty of soliciting.
Only of trying to hook up.  They would not have done the same to heterosexual people trying to hook up..Unless there was money involved.

I was appalled that they did seem to be proud and feeling no responsibility for the suicide.
I dont know what our world is all about these days.  It just bogs the mind.

I want to scream it to the housetops.   IGNORANT ASSES IGNORANT ASSES !!!

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1625 on: October 05, 2007, 04:52:50 pm »
        I am wondering in your state, is sex illegal.?  They didnt say these men were guilty of soliciting.
Only of trying to hook up.  They would not have done the same to heterosexual people trying to hook up..Unless there was money involved.

I was appalled that they did seem to be proud and feeling no responsibility for the suicide.
I dont know what our world is all about these days.  It just bogs the mind.

I want to scream it to the housetops.   IGNORANT ASSES IGNORANT ASSES !!!

In Virginia it is legal for same sex couples to have private, consentual relations if they are both of age. But this is not that, and it took place in Tennessee, I am not sure what the law is there.

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1626 on: October 05, 2007, 05:08:30 pm »
He sure was dead weight that night in Wyoming,  up in the Big Horns around the campfire,  BUT Give Him Credit,  Wayne was almost single-handedly holding up the tradition the boys' started of drinking that Ol' Rose till the bottle come up empty!  I admired him for staying on his feet,  especially when the Moose invaded our campsite.
:o  Whut moose?   :laugh:
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1627 on: October 05, 2007, 05:37:54 pm »

My reference is to opposite sex hook ups not for money...could they be arrested for lewd behavior?

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1628 on: October 06, 2007, 11:47:02 am »
Yes, they could, for solicitation, which would also cover same sex hook ups for money. And most likely those "johns" would get thier name in the paper too.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1629 on: October 06, 2007, 11:58:35 am »
Okay, here is the picture of the day:

The Fork in the Road