Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2599349 times)

karen1129

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3040 on: December 05, 2007, 04:39:17 pm »
It's snowing here too, Jeff!    ;D

I wanna see some snow .  :(

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3041 on: December 05, 2007, 05:38:48 pm »
I am happiest when I am on the road, travelling someplace but I could not be a truck driver because they are always on an impossible deadline and have to drive something wayyyyyyy too big.

If I could afford it I would drive and SUV, I like things about that size. I can't afford to drive them though, so I drive a very economical compact car and like it well enough. The first month I had it I drove to South Dakota in it.

My idea of hapiness would be extended road trips, like a comet, all over North America.  I have never driven in Europe or any other continent, would like to try that one day. Travelling in Eurrope is different for me because it is usually with a group on a bus and you see what they want you to see. I don;t like being a tourist, I would rather be a traveller.

I also like trains. I have not had much experence on them but I would love to go cross country in a sleeper car, and a good book. Harrison Ford played John Book in Witness.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3042 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:02 pm »
Hell yeah I'll pack my bathing suit, oh I forgot, ya'll ain't got no water.
LOL! No we don't!!!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

karen1129

« Reply #3043 on: December 05, 2007, 05:47:06 pm »
I am happiest when I am on the road, travelling someplace but I could not be a truck driver because they are always on an impossible deadline and have to drive something wayyyyyyy too big.

If I could afford it I would drive and SUV, I like things about that size. I can't afford to drive them though, so I drive a very economical compact car and like it well enough. The first month I had it I drove to South Dakota in it.

My idea of hapiness would be extended road trips, like a comet, all over North America.  I have never driven in Europe or any other continent, would like to try that one day. Travelling in Eurrope is different for me because it is usually with a group on a bus and you see what they want you to see. I don;t like being a tourist, I would rather be a traveller.

I also like trains. I have not had much experence on them but I would love to go cross country in a sleeper car, and a good book. Harrison Ford played John Book in Witness.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was Arnold Ziffel on Green Acres?   ;D

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3044 on: December 05, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was Arnold Ziffel on Green Acres?   ;D

Well he was the Pig. I ain;t that young.

karen1129

« Reply #3045 on: December 05, 2007, 05:55:34 pm »
Well he was the Pig. I ain;t that young.

LOL......  I was watching it on TVland today at lunch.  Lisa and Oliver were taking Arnold to Hollywood to
audition for a movie ! ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3046 on: December 05, 2007, 08:12:15 pm »
Harrison Ford played John Book in Witness.

My mother met Harrison Ford while he was in Lancaster filming the part of Witness where he was hiding out with the Amish.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3047 on: December 06, 2007, 04:41:18 pm »
I answered Chucks survey yesterday that the song that I would remember was Amy Winehouses' Rehab song. Weel there is one other come to think of it.

I heard this for the first time this year on a 38 year old vinyl LP, entitled Mosiac by Crow.

From what I ave been able to gather Crow was a regional Midwest band that flourished circa 1968-69, and this youtube video is from a reunion of the band in 2005, I like this song, it is good to dance to when you get your drink on. It is called "Don't Try To Lay No Boogie-Woogie On The King Of Rock & Roll"

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw8c_K4jFvY[/youtube]

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3048 on: December 06, 2007, 05:06:22 pm »
i llike it  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3049 on: December 06, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »

Thats some serious stuff..The lead singer has some real Bob Segar going on.

Beautiful mind