Author Topic: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...  (Read 47031 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 10:00:04 pm »

Celeste - Mrs. Twist*

To check out the origins of this whole reinactment fiasco click below:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=587.0

Becks, babe - I'm totally on board.  I'm going out looking for a frumpy dress and ill-fitting cardigan as we speak, and am saving every brown paper bag that comes my way until Ennis shows up needing one!  But...sillysnake?  Y'sure?  I hate to resurrect that name for ANY reason. 

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 10:28:12 pm »
 ;D ok, I'll be the waitress - anything to do with food, I'm there........................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 10:39:08 pm »
;D ok, I'll be the waitress - anything to do with food, I'm there........................

Hey Judy - just want to make sure you've got long blonde hair, a tube top, cut offs, and platform sandals?  And I think you're gonna need a curling iron for your hair.  OOOOOOO - this is gonna be fun!

Becks - is this a play or movie re-enactment?  If it's a movie, can Ang Lee direct?  And if it's a play, can we get Corky St. Clair (see 'Waiting for Guffman' if that name's not familiar).  Here's just a taste of Corky's approach - might be PERFECT!:

Corky St. Clair: "My first show was Barefoot in the Park, which was an absolute smash, but my production on the stage of Backdraft was what really got them excited. This whole idea of 'In Your Face' theatre really affected them. The conceptualization, the whole abstraction, the obtuseness of this production to me was what was interesting. I wanted the audience to feel the heat from the fire, the fear, because people don't like fire, poked, poked in their noses, you know when you get a cinder from a barbeque right on the end of your nose and you kind of make that face, you know, that's not a good thing, and I wanted them to have the sense memory of that. So during the show I had someone burn newspapers and send it through the vents in the theatre. And well, they freaked out, and 'course the fire Marshall came over and they shut us down for a couple of days."
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 11:31:43 pm »
Celeste! Waiting for Guffman!

I'll always have a place at the Dairy Queen...

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:50 am »
I'll be Randall.  That way I get a piece of Jack without all the heartache.

Ooh.  Good call.  However, if we're merely re-enacting the movie, he never gets to touch Jack.  Will you be satisfied sitting with knees *nearly* touching?
Even just to propose sharing a cabin and drinking with him, making eyes at him across the table, would be enough to last me til I'm old and wrinkled.

;D
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 12:32:06 am »
I am so the Mexican rent boy. 

"Señor?"

See, I already know my lines.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 05:26:12 am »
I am so the Mexican rent boy. 

"Señor?"

heheheheh!

I still wanna be Lureen in the fast or slow I just like the direction you're goin' in scene. I have now challenged mandy and ray to fight. BRING IT ON!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 07:32:49 am »
Kelda: Bring it on, beeotch! *pulls your hair*  ;)

I've even got almost the EXACT bra as Lureen in that scene!!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:28 am »
Bras Shmas! I got the exact tits!  Look, Ya can both bitch and whine all ya like, but gorgey ol' Jack don't want no part of ya!  It's the car seat leather he likes under his toosh, and with me in the role, he can feel like he's in a leather sleeping bag!  Now back orf the bothaya or I'll be forced to remove me teeth!

By the way, if you compare my avitar and that of the one below, you'll see we are meant for each other!  Now GIT!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 08:47:40 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 09:48:38 am »
Cast list Update:
Paul - Ennis(reunion scene)
David - Jack (reunion scene)
Victoria - Alma
Brandon - Ennis (cherry cake scene)
Celeste - Mrs. Twist
Ray - Ennis (flashback hug scene)
Sheyne - Jack (flashback hug scene)
David - Jack (matin' call scene)
Becky(me)- Alma Jr (both young and old. I want to wear the baby clothes LOL)
Front-ranger - Sheep herder #1
Flashframe - Cassie*
Stacey - Lashawn
Courtney - Tootie
Lureen - ??? (in negotiations with Mandy, Kelda and Ray)
RouxB- Basque
JCinNYC - Randal
Judy - Waitress
Chanterais - Mexican rent boy

Now distinguishing between the Davids; now the first David(reunion scene) is as in Paul and David. The second David, I don't know either of you can take it, but you will have to bare in mind that you will be sharing a hot and steamy car with either Mandy, Kelda or Ray! ;D But if you want one of you could play the peeing sheep!
The only part we haven't confirmed is Flashframe's will someone contact flash frame and tell them to get over here pronto!
The Sillysnake thing is all Sheyne's idea and I agree with her that he is the only one mean enough to play Mr. Twist. But if you are not happy with him playing your husband, Celeste, I am sure you can d-i-v-o-r-c-e him and find another willing sole.
Now I think it would be good if it was a reinactment of the movie cause then we know what we are saying and how to act. I think Ang is a good idea but I think he would probably be a bit busy, I was thinking one of the more talented members of C.T could direct. Or maybe we could convince Pierre to help out!

Still casting for:
Joe Aguirre
L.D. Newsome
Monroe
Chilean Sheepherder #2
Jolly Minister
Timmy
Bartender #1
Biker #1
Biker #2
Announcer
Bartender #2
Fayette Newsome
K.E. Del Mar - Age 11
Jenny Del Mar
Farmer #1
Farmer #2
Judge
Bobby Twist (no acting experience required)
Roughneck #1
Roughneck #2
Carl
Killer Mechanic
Grease Monkey
Assailant
Jimbo the Rodeo Clown
Guitar Player
Singer
Western Dancer
Young Mexican
Signal Bartender
Bar Patron
Elizabeth(the second girl who walks behind Jack when we see him for the first time)
Jack Twist Snr. (recasting)
Mulitple Jacks
Multiple Ennis'
Alot of sheep
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.