Author Topic: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...  (Read 47520 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2006, 05:08:34 pm »
Yeah Paul asked about that a couple of days ago! I said to him though that people can't really play props so he settled for playing Monroe. :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2006, 03:10:24 am »
Damn, I seem to have come in too late to be anyone I wanted (Mexican he-whore, Jimbo) or even the elk, so I want to be a piece of cherry cake.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2006, 07:00:39 pm »
Sorry as I said to Paul you can't be a prop, but I will be willing to let you play any of the parts available. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2006, 06:25:07 pm »
Bumping for the tit man AKA Ray! :laugh: :-*

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2006, 07:35:46 pm »
Hahahahaha, Tit man!  Now there's something I've never been called! 

In all seriousness, Bex has bumped this thread after I queried what was to happen to all the preparation I've been puting into my role. Since I am an oral sort of person, therefore a nail biter, I've had long bamboo shoots inserted into my fingernail beds, and surprisingly, this has deterred the nibble habit. I have dyed my hair almost every week since winning the role using the little bits of colour that never seem to be used up by the printer before you need to replace the cartridge.  I discovered this completely by accident one day when intrigued by modern technology, I was trying to watch how a document was actually printed in there and I'm embarrassed to say I got a little TOO close.  But hey, great revelations are born from error. I do, however have to wear a stream of toilet paper around my head as the dye was only serving to stain the rim of my red Stetson. Also, I've had a leather hip case made up so I can carry my adding machine everywhere with me which is coming in so handy when I get the urge to count how many items our local Kmart has for sale.

Props and costume aside, I have taken a more 'method' approach to the role.  Very Hoffmanesque of me I know, but I want this to be right! I place a chip of rock salt under my lower eye lid every morning and night to get the flow of tears looking natural. It looks a little lumpy until it begins to dissolve, but I've learned that using the really big chunks is plain silly and that the smaller chips work just as well believe it or not.  Something to keep in mind.  I have even taken to walking up to stangers to ask if they are waiting for a mating call and as soon as the bruises subside I think I'll be ready for makeup.  And as for the back seat scene, I've practiced on every bit of furniture in my, and other people's homes, at work, and once last week I truly felt that I had nailed the essence of the role when I practiced on a bus shelter seat not even needing padding under my knees.  This moment was truly a proud moment for me as an audience quickly gathered and just couldn't take their eyes off my performance.  Even a bus delayed its departure to observe my portrayal.  I knew at that moment, it was worth sKraG fighting Mandy and Kelda for this part because I will bring such life to the character.

So in short, I think I'm ready.  Just give the word "Action" and I'm there!

I'm off now to do some serious barrel racing around the traffic lights at the main intersection down the road. I like using the traffic poles as they don't tend to fall over if I cut in too closely. I do it on foot of course as a horse world only draw too much attention and the drivers would probably get distracted in their cars.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:49:39 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2006, 07:49:01 pm »
Damn it Ray! That is another hour of pant drying!
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2006, 11:06:31 pm »
Bex, be free!  Stop wearing them!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:11:26 pm by Ray »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2006, 12:47:55 am »
I am ready!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2006, 12:48:46 am »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2006, 12:51:00 am »
 ;)

I've been dieting ya know!