Author Topic: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...  (Read 47020 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2006, 05:51:13 pm »
Guess I need to go shopping for a three-woman tent! Yahoo!

I'll be the herder in that tent!

Also Bex, since Lureen doesn't appear until WELL into the movie, I'm volunteering to be FLUFFER for the boy's tent scenes.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2006, 05:54:45 pm »
Uh, I don't think they wear sunglasses either in Sardinia or on BBM. In any case, you are gorgeous, Anke, reminding me of Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, only even more beautiful! What do you say, Fuzzy, have we found our sheepherder #3? Look back a few pages for our description of the story on the sunny side of Brokeback Mountain. Guess I need to go shopping for a three-woman tent! Yahoo!

Haha, Front-Ranger, poor Hilary has deserved better than getting compared with me. But thanks anyway...  ;D

And: I've found the perfect webpage for cowgirl-tent shopping!!!

http://www.cowboycamp.net/cowboy_tents.htm

I especially like this one:

Should give us the genuine Jack-and-Ennis feeling, don't you think?  ;D

And in case of emergency a herder and his mop would fit in aswell...  ;) 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:01:41 pm by Pipedream »

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2006, 06:32:17 pm »
Uh, I don't think they wear sunglasses either in Sardinia or on BBM. In any case, you are gorgeous, Anke, reminding me of Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, only even more beautiful! What do you say, Fuzzy, have we found our sheepherder #3? Look back a few pages for our description of the story on the sunny side of Brokeback Mountain. Guess I need to go shopping for a three-woman tent! Yahoo!

Lol, cool!!! We need help since there are so many of thos damned sheep! And hurray for Sardinia  8) Summer vacation, here we come ;D
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2006, 07:47:45 pm »
Oh yeah I am all for a summer holiday in Sardinia! Bring on the sun! 8)
The tent looks perfect Anke, but it may have to be a little bigger so it could fit the casting director/production manager in there. What? I have to make sure the chemistry is right! ;)
I am so impressed with your willingness to find a prop for us with out me even asking, Anke! You are definitely my new Prop Manager...that is if you want the job. Of course you could take any of the other cast members if you want aswel.(just flick back a couple of pages). Alright the current job situation:
Becky: Casting Director/Production manager
Anke: Prop Manager
Ray: Fluffer(and Artistic Director if he wants it, I am impressed at all the "Method acting" you have been doing!) :laugh:
Luigi: Official provider of sheep and Setting scout

Anyone else want a job?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2006, 01:26:10 am »
Longest rehersal period in the history of the Earth!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
I know! No one wants to be in my play anymore :'(. Maybe it is cause everyone has got a part already. Come on you slackers! Where are you all? I have had to split my talent 3/4 ways just to fill the roles and mine must be the most demanding of all, I mean how many people can play a peeing sheep and an elk aswel as being production manager? I dare you to tell me atleast two. ;D The least you all could do is cast yourself as some tiny role or if you already have a role take the smaller ones, I mean I am taking a large chunk out of my hour on the computer as I am all the way in Canada and have taken the time to post this so the least you can do is humour me, go on you know you want to! ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 05:18:24 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2006, 11:02:00 pm »
Becky--

Since Jenny snagged the role of Jack's horse with the low startle point (grr...  >:( ) I was wondering if the role of Ennis' horse Cigar Butt has been taken?  If not, I'd like that role.  If it HAS been taken, I guess i could be a spooked mule!

The other role I was hoping for if it is still available is that of the Sage truck driver who gives Ennis a ride at the beginning.  I've been practicing my lines (that we can't hear, of course)---  "Where ya headed?" and "You bet." because we know the only words Ennis may have mumbled would be 'Signal' and 'Thank you.'    Of course, if you give me artistic license, I might embellish my lines a bit to include.....   "Hey, glad to have met you, Ennis Del Mar, you really helped pass the time on this long drive.  With all yer chattin, I mean....   and if you run into that Jack Twist fella I was tellin' ya about, just tell 'im Hank says 'Hey'..   he'll remember me." <wink>

Oh, okay, I'll just drive.  ;)

Melinda
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2006, 12:16:59 pm »
I am still up for it!! C'mon, lets get started!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2006, 10:35:01 pm »
Who's this artistic director we're supposed to check in with?

Oh, it's Ray. What's the scoop?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:37:32 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »
ME!