Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Christmas Movie?  (Read 23929 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: What Is Your Favorite Christmas Movie?
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 04:18:19 am »
I love the Geraldine Page version too Rich.  But everyone seems to have the pale by comparison Patty Duke version on the racks.  I found the Geraldine Page one at www.joesclassicmovies.com for $7.50
Thanks Dottie!!
What an  awsome site! I saw a bunch of other movies I want too!
Dang, I'm gonna be broke! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:04 pm »
Does anyone remember "The House Without A Christmas Tree"? I think it was a made for TV movie. It is from the 1970's. I remember watching this movie as a kid, and I loved it. I haven't seen it again in many years. It is a bitter-sweet movie. Very Christmasy.  :D

I haven't thought of this one in years.  Thanks, David. 

When I was in sixth grade, our teacher invited the class to her house to watch this film.  Most of us had seen it, as it was repeated for a few years.  Our task was to write a "screenplay" which we then cast and performed as our own Christmas play. 

Thanks for the memory!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 01:05:30 am »
Since we have some members who were not here last year when I originally created this poll, I have reset and reopened it allowing people to vote for their favorite movies until January 3, 2008.

So, if you voted last year, please vote again because everything has been reset. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 01:11:25 am »
Also, I have added several new movies to the list. If you have a favorite movie and it isn't on the list, please let me know and I will add it for you!  :D

And I've changed the poll a little bit. You may now vote for three of your favorite movies. Last year you could only vote for one. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 01:14:09 am »
I haven't thought of this one in years.  Thanks, David. 

When I was in sixth grade, our teacher invited the class to her house to watch this film.  Most of us had seen it, as it was repeated for a few years.  Our task was to write a "screenplay" which we then cast and performed as our own Christmas play. 

Thanks for the memory!

Well, if you want to own a copy of it Paul, they are selling it at Wal-mart. I just bought it the other day! :)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 01:58:22 am »
Three is so limiting DAVIDDDDDD!!!!!  But I'll manage I guess.  You know I love holidays  and holiday movies are the BEST.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 01:26:29 pm »
Three is so limiting DAVIDDDDDD!!!!!  But I'll manage I guess.  You know I love holidays  and holiday movies are the BEST.
I know!!!
I had to go with the classics.
There were some newer ones I Love! Like the polar express! I bawl at the end of that one! I just love it!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 04:13:12 pm »
THE LION IN WINTER.  I love the play and enjoy watching the film. It's not exactly a heart warming holiday tale, but it's a great story about a very very dysfunctional family getting together for the Christmas Court.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 04:59:13 pm »
I like Holiday Inn and it's "remake" White Christmas, plus A Charlie Brown Christmas (although that's not really a movie).

Here's an interesting article I found the other day on "It's A Wonderful Life" and its "rebirth" in 1974. I often wondered why I never saw it growing up...now I know.

Another one that has a fun Christmas scene, although it is not a "Christmas movie" (technically) is "Desk Set" with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »
My favorite are two that aren't on the list:

Hall of Shame:  Susan Lucci as Ebbie (Elizabeth?) Scrooge. 

Paul

Really?  I love Ebbie!  I'm looking for it right now!