Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 549635 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1950 on: June 11, 2007, 02:42:14 pm »
Thanks, Louise.  Jeremy made a comment a couple of chapters ago that Nick had "work" to do for the next day and I got the impression that he was talking about homework, and Dr. Sampson's Christmas check would allow him to lessen his hours so that makes sense.  Glad to see Nicky has his priorities straight- studying and taking care of his man taking precedence over the bar!   :) 

I wonder how Jeeves is doing on his first day as a freelance detective . . . . who knows, this may start a whole new career for him - "Chas Chesterfield, Private Eye."  The only detective in Greenlea County who has to use a taxi while he runs around town!  LOL!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1952 on: June 12, 2007, 05:43:55 am »
SPOILER

and now, 22.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/222573.html

Louella and Molesterfield round 2! LOL shit Louise, now everyone's going to be banned from the Stallion. Thanks for the good laugh!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1953 on: June 12, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »
SPOILER

Just another night at the Red Stallion!  LOL!  Yikes - I wouldn't want to be in the bar when Colson gets there!

That was just hilarious - but, of course, I always love Wayne's lines:

“It was dark, what’s the problem?” Wayne said, his voice cutting across the other voices.   :laugh:

And Sergio hasn't heard from Lance . . uh oh . . . and very interesting about his rather fluid English . . . mysteries on top of mysteries . . .

Thanks, Louise
Marie

P.S.  '"I can’t do this on my own, darling,” Chas said, his words more of an invocation than a prayer.'   Awww, that was touching. 

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1954 on: June 13, 2007, 06:32:31 am »

and yes, I wrote an extra long chapter with actual groping in it!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/222810.html

more Colson goodness and of course a few little Wayne bits as well.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1955 on: June 13, 2007, 07:42:51 am »
Louise,

Tourmaline looks like a fun place to be when the lights go out!

first Ellery:

“Lemme guess, it was Bill callin from prison sayin he wants ta marry me.”   :laugh:

and then Wayne, who else?

“Oh shit, guess who’s just shown up. Well well, if it ain’t Mrs. Cantrell come with her rollin pin ta beat our asses.”

OMG, that was hilarious!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Just what I needed on my lunchbreak before I'm heading off for what will probably be a boring meeting! Thanks Louise.

I hope Chas and Sergio find out more about Lance soon...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

yb

« Reply #1956 on: June 13, 2007, 10:34:12 am »
Yes!  Colson kicks ass.  I miss him so much.  But, Ellery's physical condition is really worrying, I hope he'll be better soon.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1957 on: June 13, 2007, 12:45:50 pm »

and yes, I wrote an extra long chapter with actual groping in it!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/222810.html

more Colson goodness and of course a few little Wayne bits as well.

And after the day and night you've had?  You're a trouper, Louise - no doubt about it - and we love ya for it.  :)

SPOILER

Tourmaline looks like a fun place to be when the lights go out!  . . . . 

Yes!  Colson kicks ass.   . . .

Y'all can say that again! 

“Colson James Joseph Andrew Grey" - oh, cool - three middle names . . . wonder if there's a story
there . . .

A quick moment to reflect on Lauren:

“I thought you were gonna be loyal to Pinky!” Lauren gasped, forgetting for the moment about Colson’s arrival.

A guileless gay bartender - what a great character.   :laugh:  Hard not to love him. 

Well, Colson straightened everything and everyone out in short order, as expected . . . but another mystery . . . what's he going to see Wes about?  Ellery's condition?  (yes, it is really worrying) or something else?  At least Chas has a ride now . . . will he and Sergio visit creepy Ray?  Can't wait for more!

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1958 on: June 13, 2007, 03:39:03 pm »
heheheh I figured some of those lines would go over well.

And yes, Colson has a few too many names, either that - or Ellery added a few.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1959 on: June 13, 2007, 05:58:11 pm »
and without further ado:

Chesterfield 24
http://louisev.livejournal.com/223196.html