Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534528 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #330 on: December 09, 2006, 08:38:10 am »
*whew!*  I'm glad you folks didn't get out the pitchforks.

Oh we still have them nearby!     LOL.

You know how protective we are of Ennis and Dupree!

Ennis is probably less vulnerable to hurt right now, unlike in the beginning of our story.   He seems to have finally accepted that Ellery is not going anywhere.

Dupree on the other hand.... He is probably just as smitten with Nick as Nick is with him, but he just wont admit it yet.      It is that stupid male defense mechanism kicking in to try to protect himself.      Nick who has more experience has at least the balls to put his heart on his sleeve.   Although he seems just as surprized to hear the words come out of his own mouth!

Offline caramelle58

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2006, 08:42:58 am »
They may have to learn what "being in love" means, but at least it is something they both crave. Dupree seems to be intrigued by the love E&E share, I somehow remember him saying so, and Nick doesn't want to get back to his abusive relationship with his superior.

Guess they actually have a chance to find in each other what they need, but at the moment they can't be sure. Very interesting .... difficult if there isn't a woman in the equation to do the "heavy lifting" emotionally.

Caramelle

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2006, 10:03:35 am »

Guess they actually have a chance to find in each other what they need, but at the moment they can't be sure. Very interesting .... difficult if there isn't a woman in the equation to do the "heavy lifting" emotionally.

Caramelle

Very interesting observation Caramelle. It is sometimes said that while men feel what they feel they can't as easily process what they are feeling as women. Women often have to act as emotional interpreters of a situation and intuit what is going on. Men meanwhile can feel they are wandering around in a swamp.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:08:03 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline David

« Reply #333 on: December 09, 2006, 10:10:46 am »
Very true.   I think that is why alot of gay men have trouble maintaining relationships.    Both the men clam up about their emotional needs and that puts up walls in communication.   While a woman would rather chase and discuss the issue between them.   

Part of any successful relationship is the ability to for both parties to be able to say the words:  "I need" or "I feel this way".

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #334 on: December 09, 2006, 10:17:09 am »
*yeppers*

Hops and skips cause you guys get it!  Hence Ellery's huge advantage in grabbing onto a man who knew what love was, and could experience it over a long term - and his glorifying that quality in Ennis (perhaps a bit unrealistically with respect to his own view of Jack and Ennis).  And in this case, Ellery learned that he had not been loved, not really, until Ennis.

Jeremy hasn't got a clue, and Nick hasn't got a clue - and all Nick knows is that he has taken some steps he never dared, now that he has met Jeremy, just as Jeremy took a step he had not yet taken with any man, because of Nick.  Both of them are in terra incognita.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #335 on: December 09, 2006, 10:24:32 am »
I don't think Nick and Jeremy are in love at this point in their relationship. They're in lust. Nick is needy because of his abusive relationship with a superior, and Jeremy was just devirginated. A lot of people think they're in love with the person who devirginates them. There's something about the experience that makes you feel the symptoms of falling in love all over you but when it wears off you realize it was just lust. I know Jeremy said he is confused but he is showing symptoms of being in love. Well, I don't know if I am making any sense... LOL.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2006, 10:27:26 am »
I just wanted to pause to welcome the delurkers who have been reading here and on my Livejournal who delurked in order to read "Dupree's Choice" and perhaps join in the discussion.  I have been busily adding people to my f-list (Friends List for those of you not familiar with LJ speak) from all over the world, most of them faithful long-term readers of the Laramie Saga.

If you see an unfamiliar name pop up in the discussion acting like he or she knows the whole story but you've never seen a single post before, make sure to greet our crowd of "Delurkers".  

WELCOME!  and please feel free to hop in the discussions, both here, and in the "E and E" thread, where we are rereading "Taking Chances."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2006, 10:30:26 am »
I don't think Nick and Jeremy are in love at this point in their relationship. They're in lust. Nick is needy because of his abusive relationship with a superior, and Jeremy was just devirginated. A lot of people think they're in love with the person who devirginates them. There's something about the experience that makes you feel the symptoms of falling in love all over you but when it wears off you realize it was just lust. I know Jeremy said he is confused but he is showing symptoms of being in love. Well, I don't know if I am making any sense... LOL.

One thing about our hero is that he shows a similar level of consideration, even to complete strangers (except of course, to people like Lance, who has abused a position of trust.)  He rescued a drunk driver from his burning car, after all.  So he would be predisposed to showing all due consideration to Nick, even if he wasn't being "super pleasurized"!  But as Jeremy has done in the past - he is very reluctant to make any commitment to how he stands personally, and that includes responding to Nick's L-word overtures.  He was just as reluctant with the women, with whom he felt much less attraction and lust, so he is slow to acknowledge how he feels about others.

Offline David

« Reply #338 on: December 09, 2006, 10:59:18 am »
Lust or Love?

Lust is when you can't keep your hands off eachother when you are together.

Love is when you can't stop thinking about the other person when you are not together.

Yes, there is alot of grey area in between. 

The next test is to see if they can be together when clothed and still enjoy eachothers company.

I think alot of us have been in a relationship where it started sexually and the dating part was the honeymoon where both parties are on their best behavior.   Then after a while when you start spending weekends together you realize that you have nothing in common with this person and then it all starts falling apart.

Been there,  done that!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #339 on: December 09, 2006, 12:13:15 pm »
hey guys,
i've just read the last few chapters and pages in this thread! Thanks for all the insightfull posts. You guys are amazing. :)

Louise, what a truly wonderful story this once again is!  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'