Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 528111 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #370 on: December 09, 2006, 09:53:46 pm »
My second question?   With Jeremy being so fucked up about being gay and nervous about how fast things are going, how could this help the situation?

It's not gonna help the situation, but it does create a feasable dramatic edge. Nick's not been introduced ta Laramie just ta become a one night week stand. The story's gonna continue ta revolve around nick & jeremie - just in a different way than it did in the saga, is all
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David

« Reply #371 on: December 09, 2006, 09:54:41 pm »
good god, David.  Don't do it!  Calm down, calm down.

is it too late to give you a promise of a happy ending?

I just don't see how you're gonna pull it off.

Besides,  I've got my shotgun in my pickup truck.  I'm on my way to pickup Ennis.  He says "Damn the Legbone, we can't let this guy make a fool outa Dupree"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:21 pm »
Besides,  I've got my shotgun in my pickup truck.  I'm on my way to pickup Ennis.  He says "Damn the Legbone, we can't let this guy make a fool outa Dupree"

Whoa there cowboy!

Got a permit fer that shotgun?

Meby ya outta cool down a bit before ya regret yer actions - have yerself a mery little trip inta the (poutty) sailor's thread - ta remind ya a why yer so invested in Nick. Oh & in yer private collection a x-rated dean pics  ::)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2006, 10:21:42 pm »
yes, it is the middle of the night.

Yes, I am still writing.

I expect to have chapter 23 ... yes... up in the next half hour to hour.

another one!!!, and still today

oh Louise you're ignoring time zones   :o  not that I'm complaining ( do you get any sleep?)

usually when I don't catch up with my parents until 5-6pm ( here)  I have to wait for another day

* waiting* 

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2006, 10:35:40 pm »
Nick has been living in the fast lane sexually and has been used to one night stands which he controlled. Now all of a sudden he is in over his head (so to speak!). He has new feelings he can't describe. Is it love? He doesn't trust people (given his history not surprising) and so he misinterprets Jeremy's reasonable requests as a prelude to giving him the flick (not surprising given his low self esteem). Plus he is dominant like Ennis and doesn't like it now that Jeremy's greater maturity is trumping his confidence and sexual experience.

Solution? Go and screw the nearest available bloke to confirm his rotten opinion of himself, distance himself from an emotionally confusing situation and regain the illusiion of control.

On the other hand as Sheriff Roland points out, it could be just that he is " 22 and all horns."

We can always rely on Roland to circumvent the quasi-psychobabble and bring us back to earth!

PS I wonder if this is a classic example of the different approaches of males and females to an issue.  We women go into great depth analysing things from every psychological angle.??? ??? ??? ??? 

Whereas the guys say: He just wanted to get laid. What's the big deal?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:46:18 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline David

« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2006, 10:37:46 pm »
Whoa there cowboy!

Got a permit fer that shotgun?

Meby ya outta cool down a bit before ya regret yer actions - have yerself a mery little trip inta the (poutty) sailor's thread - ta remind ya a why yer so invested in Nick. Oh & in yer private collection a x-rated dean pics  ::)

OK,  if you insist....

OK  that just made things warmer..   

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2006, 10:38:13 pm »
hey - just tryin ta up my postin count!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2006, 10:48:38 pm »
I rest my case your honour!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2006, 10:53:53 pm »
louise is about ta anounce that she's done written yet another chapter, and it's a long one! - stay tuned

PS - you're right Jo guys & girls don't always see thing with the same part a the body!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2006, 10:54:16 pm »
okay gang.

this is IT for tonight, considering that TONIGHT is already TOMORROW:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/176113.html  "23:  Nick"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”