Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534471 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2006, 09:22:21 pm »
*you better not be sneezing in Brussels baby!*

hee hee.

My hands are aching from writing so much this weekend, but it was a wonderful and delightful experience bringing you the Boys from the Red Stallion, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut *

*no pun intended.

night everyone!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2006, 09:49:25 pm »
No Louise, THANK YOU for all them updates! 

What a ride! And I ain't just talking about Jeevesy and Lancelot either ..  ;D

yb

« Reply #442 on: December 10, 2006, 10:05:40 pm »
I hope we'll see some more interaction between Jeeves and Lance, not only for sex.  Jeeves is a good man, I hope he'll get some positive out of this relationship.

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2006, 10:33:12 pm »
Plus points for Nick

Nick's inner angel

•   He appears to come from a supportive and loving family in terms of his childhood upbringing so his bad experiences in the navy may have resulted in only short-term damage that can be overcome

•   He has not been drummed out of the navy for bad conduct so he hasn't gotten into serious trouble there as far as we know

•   He was patient with Dupree and did not try to push him into having sex before he was ready and responded immediately when Jeremy felt pain

•   He is responsible about the use of condoms so his self destructive tendencies are not extreme and he has sufficient sense of duty to protect others from possible infection

•   He had a guilty conscience about lying to Dupree and came clean (beginnings of trust?)

•   He did not blame Dupree for him getting drunk and going off the deep end or try to manipulate his way out of trouble

•   He did not start the fight with Lance

•   He is willing to work and try to make amends

•   He shows signs of seeing a role model in Ennis and Ellery's relationship

•   He is strongly attracted to Dupree rather than someone who will brutalise him further so his self esteem is not that low. At some level must believe he can be worthy of a man like Jeremy.

Well I guess all that gives the guy a more than even chance to come through this rough patch in his young life.

PS I wondered about that kiss between Nick and Jeremy in fornt of the police colleagues. I guess they had Dupree figured out by his working in a gay bar and the absence of active skirt chasing and were used to Ellery. They also like and respect Dupree - so hopefullythey could take the kiss in their stride (although Ellery said he is careful to keep any overt references to his gayness away from work). I am somewhat surprised that Dupree didn't flinch back like Ennis would have done in the early days. It looks like Jeremy, unlike Ennis who was so isolated and without support, is making a far quicker adjustment to coming out.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:13:15 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2006, 10:40:37 pm »
Plus points for Nick:

•   He appears to come from a supportive and loving family in terms of his childhood upbringing so his bad experiences in the navy may have resulted in only short-term damage that can be overcome

•   He has not been drummed out of the navy for bad conduct so he hasn't gotten into serious trouble there as far as we know

•   He was patient with Dupree and did not try to push him into having sex before he was ready and responded immediately when Jeremy felt pain

•   He is responsible about the use of condoms so his self destructive tendencies are not extreme

•   He had a guilty conscience about lying to Dupree and came clean (beginnings of trust?)

•   He did not blame Dupree for him getting drunk and going off the deep end or try to manipuate his way out of trouble

•   He did not start the fight with Lance

•   He is willing to work and try to make amends

•   He shows signs of seeing a role model in Ennis and Ellery's relationship

Well I guess all that gives the guy a more than even chance to come through this rough patch in his young life.

Thank you Jo!  ;)

Re: Dupree Kissing Nick infront of the officers ..

“Thank you, Jeremy.” Nick’s hand crept across the seat and rested lightly on Jeremy’s knee. “I can’t believe ya kissed me in front a them guys.”

“Why not... I wasn’t gonna push ya away, not in yer time a need.”

Melted my heart!  :)

Offline David

« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2006, 11:15:44 pm »
How quickly we forget.  Nick is self loathing.   He is selfish and impulsive. 

If Dupree is smart he'll put that motion sensor activated camera back up in the Apartment at the Bar.     Then we'll see for sure if Nick isn't up to his old tricks.

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2006, 11:21:55 pm »
How quickly we forget.  Nick is self loathing.   He is selfish and impulsive. 

If Dupree is smart he'll put that motion sensor activated camera back up in the Apartment at the Bar.     Then we'll see for sure if Nick isn't up to his old tricks.

Yes Nick is selfish and impulsive - characteristics which are the hallmarks of most youngsters in his age group.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

yb

« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2006, 11:32:20 pm »
I feel that the kiss in front of Dupree’s colleagues was a deliberate act to out Dupree in front of them, but that’s just my opinion.  But it looks like this relationship between Dupree and Nick is done deal so I guess I have to accept it, I just hope he can really stick to his promise; but, honestly, judging from his reaction/thought when he first met Ellery, I doubt he can stay celibate for long.  I hope Ellery will hang around Red Stallion more to get a better idea if Nick is a good partner to Dupree. 

I totally agree with you, David except for the camera which is an infringement of privacy.

And, no, I don’t think all youngsters are selfish and impulsive.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:40:37 pm by yb »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2006, 11:41:19 pm »
Well Nick better not be completely stupid---as Ellery already outlined what correct behavior would be, and what is NOT going to be tolerated, and that there will be NO second chances---either he is shaped up as far as the bar and the patrons are concerned or he is out on his ear!!  And I don't see Ellery backing down off any of those rules, so young and impulsive better be for another time and another place or Nicky won't have  a place, and will have lost his place in their time too.
the navy must have given Nick SOME discipline somewhere within his person, and he better get it out and polish it up or he will wreck everything he wanted.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2006, 11:43:47 pm »
And, no, I don’t think all youngsters are selfish and impulsive.

I think Jo said "most youngsters in his age group" not all of them ..  :)

Nick has been given a chance.  I am happy he was not kicked to the curb and run out of town.
He has growing up to do, he is needy and insecure on many levels .. yet I am proud of Jeremy for giving him a shot.
I sure hope Nick doesn't fuck it up, although I know that he cannot change overnight.
I am eager to see how he makes a go of the new job/apartment.