Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 532648 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #490 on: December 11, 2006, 10:51:09 am »
Well, I know that I am starting to repeat myself here, but I just can't get a handle on Nick.

On one hand he cute and sexy, and has the ability to be loving, but on the other he's manipulative and needy. I really wonder if he's worth the grief as far as Jeremy is concerned - right now anyway. Jeremy has a lot of emotional stuff to work through and I think that he either needs to be alone, or with someone a bit more stable (not that I have another character in mind).

Ellery has taken him on trust at Jeremy's request and I really hope that Nick doesn't do anything to put a strain on Ellery and Jeremy's relationship.

Hee hee, what Nick needs is some of Ennis' straight talking  ;D

Really looking forward to see how this story resolves all these issues.

Karen

yb

« Reply #491 on: December 11, 2006, 10:58:41 am »
I am going to write the reception first I think.

Good, I can't wait.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #492 on: December 11, 2006, 11:03:07 am »
I said I THINK!!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #493 on: December 11, 2006, 11:05:01 am »
I kinda disagree with the "Hands off" diagnosis.   If Nick is truly acting out because he is on leave and wants to run amuck with the first guy he meets, then why not let him?

After all, that first guy was Dupree.     I think Jeremy needs a good long passionate romp to get this into his system.     And if Nick is going to want to have non-stop sex while he is out on leave, shouldn't it be with Jeremy? 

Nick is like a mongoose.  He wants to run wild.  Telling him to sit quietly while he has Jeremy to lust after is going to be impossible.

yb

« Reply #494 on: December 11, 2006, 11:10:14 am »
I said I THINK!!!!

I know, I saw it the first time.  I was just asking; of course, I would read whichever story you will write regardless of the sequence.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #495 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:26 am »
I kinda disagree with the "Hands off" diagnosis.   If Nick is truly acting out because he is on leave and wants to run amuck with the first guy he meets, then why not let him?

After all, that first guy was Dupree.     I think Jeremy needs a good long passionate romp to get this into his system.     And if Nick is going to want to have non-stop sex while he is out on leave, shouldn't it be with Jeremy? 

Nick is like a mongoose.  He wants to run wild.  Telling him to sit quietly while he has Jeremy to lust after is going to be impossible.

You have a point David. The problem here is that Nick has been pressuring Jeremy into having a relationship. After two nights together he was already saying I love you to Dupree, and acting jealous all over the place. He's rushing things at a very fast pace. If he was acting casual, treating Jeremy as a friend (with benefits) then there's nothing wrong with them having a sex marathon. But that isn't the case.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:04:48 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #496 on: December 11, 2006, 11:49:49 am »
and now for the naughty part of our story:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/177431.html  "29.  Chas"

Wowie-zowie!

That was ... cool! ... I mean hawt ... er ... whatever.
More coherrest comments on LJ.

*whew*
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #497 on: December 11, 2006, 11:59:43 am »
There's one thing I am curious about.  It seems both Dupree and Nick like to be topped, does it mean they have to find a way to compromise if their relationship was to last?  I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

All I've heard is that some guys have a preference for one or the other and some couples take turns or 'switch'.

For example, over at www.belamionline.com in the models' bios, one of the interesting stats listed is 'preference' and they'll usually say top, bottom, or 'versatile.'

Maybe I'm the only person who finds this fascinating, so I'll shut up now.   8)
NavyVet

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #498 on: December 11, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »
the navy must have given Nick SOME discipline somewhere within his person, and he better get it out and polish it up or he will wreck everything he wanted.

You be surprised at what can be gotten away with.  The secret to a 'good conduct' record is not getting caught, as in no non-judicial punishment, Captain's Masts, or court-martials.  But, yeah, they do try to instill discipline, military bearing, attention to detail, honor and all that.

(just some useless trivia for y'all in case anybody's interested.)   :)
NavyVet

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #499 on: December 11, 2006, 12:22:12 pm »
okay gang...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/178267.html  32. Nick

where the unexpected... is EXPECTED.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”