Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 534758 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #760 on: December 15, 2006, 03:48:08 am »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Bigheart

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #762 on: December 15, 2006, 09:25:27 am »
you guys are a riot!

I'll have you know that Lau's Kitchen is the only rated 4 star Chinese restaurant in Cheyenne.  I invented the part about their serving dim sum - but they might!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #763 on: December 15, 2006, 09:32:48 am »
Louise, will we be able to pick up Ellery's version of events from the same page as Dupree's choice?  

Though this may be old news, Was thinking about E & E's honeymoon.  The guys can't fly, due to Ennis's ear nor can they  drive for a long distance due to Ellery's back.  The perfect solution is to take the train.  The Guys could drive to Denver pick up the Amtrac.  Because of Ellery's financial situation they could purchase a two tickets and rent a room on a pullman car.  This would allow them privacy, and yet still have mobility.  If I were them, I would head west to LA via Arizona, see the Grand Canyon, on to LA and then rent a car for destinations south of the Border in Mexico and a private beach.... Ok, so if I was Ellery's travel agent this is the trip I would recommend.  

Durpree's choice, another great story Louise.  Looking forward to future offerings.  

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #764 on: December 15, 2006, 09:47:58 am »
Yes, Bob, all further stories will be posted just as I did with "Dupree's Choice" - and if you could see that story before today then you will be able to see whatever else I do post!

And your train recommendation is a good one, except I am not sure I could write it:  the only trains I have traveled on are ones in Europe!  It is a great idea but I would actually have to have something more than the commuter train to Boston experience to draw from to write a train trip.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #765 on: December 15, 2006, 09:48:35 am »
And now for a little fun poll!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/184101.html  "Who Do you Miss?  Your favorite characters"

yb

« Reply #766 on: December 15, 2006, 09:56:18 am »
This is difficult.  I miss both Ennis and Ellery, but since Ellery has made more appearances in Dupree's Choice, I'll have to go with Ennis.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #767 on: December 15, 2006, 10:05:17 am »
This is difficult.  I miss both Ennis and Ellery, but since Ellery has made more appearances in Dupree's Choice, I'll have to go with Ennis.

That was my thought, too. Also, the enforced abstinence seems to be making Ellery really cranky, while Ennis was a bit more thoughtful and philosophical. I enjoyed his conversations with Jeremy and would like more of those.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #768 on: December 15, 2006, 10:46:56 am »
Tough vote to cast!

I do miss Ennis.   But I also miss the no-nonsense talk of Sheriff Wes.    Gruff as he is, I love the fact he thinks of Ellery and Ennis as his own sons.

But then I miss Dupree already.   He is just at the awakening stage in his life.   And it is soooo sweet to see him falling in love with Nick.

Ah.....Licky Nicky.    I know we just had a huge amount of him,  but I still can't help wanting to see more of him.   His character has developed so much.     He went from the cocky sexual predator to the vulnerable doe-eyed young man who admits the he needs Jeremy as much as he wants him.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:06:20 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #769 on: December 15, 2006, 11:35:22 am »
That was my thought, too. Also, the enforced abstinence seems to be making Ellery really cranky, while Ennis was a bit more thoughtful and philosophical. I enjoyed his conversations with Jeremy and would like more of those.

L

Oh, that's so true!  I loved seeing this side of Ennis.  He's gained so much wisdom through his experiences and it was wonderful seeing him share that with Jeremy - who couldn't have a better friend or confidant.

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain