Author Topic: DVD's that have the BBM trailer/DVD on them...  (Read 2851 times)

vkm91941

DVD's that have the BBM trailer/DVD on them...
« on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »
So far I've found it on my:

Jarhead DVD
and
Pride and Prejudice DVD

anyone find it anywhere else?

slayers_creek_oth

Re: DVD's that have the BBM trailer/DVD on them...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 10:58:48 pm »
Its on the Constant Gardener DVD too...

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 11:06:48 pm »
constant gardener and broken flowers
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:09:28 pm »
It is on the CRASH  dvd.   

LOL !!       Wouldn't that have been hilarious!

TheStudDuck

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:42:11 pm »
I've heard so many people talk about how the trailer for Brokeback Mountain is on The Constant Gardener DVD... and I own The Constant Gardener, but there is no trailer on it.  At the beginning, there are those little ads that they have and there's a montage of different films that are going to come out and they mention Brokeback Mountain and show less than ten seconds of visuals from the film (no audio from the film whatsoever).

So am I missing something?  Or is there like an actual trailer on the DVD that I'm not aware of?  And do these other DVDs have actual trailers for it?  Or are they the same thing?  Because if they are actual trailers, I may consider buying one of them.

I've seen Jarhead and Pride & Prejudice and Broken Flowers and have liked all of them... I had planned on getting them sometime... but perhaps their priority status will be increased if I can get the actual theatrical trailer.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:20:45 pm »
It is on the Donnie Darko DVD! I got a free Directors cut edition of DD with a paper something like the Independant or something, I can't remember. But what I found that was interesting was there was a BBM trailer, a Jarhead trailer and a Proof trailer on that one DVD. I was so happy cause they are some of my favourite Jake films. I hope there is a trailer for BBM on the Jarhead DVD, but there might be something different cause it is released after BBM in the UK.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:48:11 pm »
Yes, I saw that. The Jarhead DVD is only released in May in the UK, isn't it? Such a long time to wait!

Stupid question, but I have to ask at some point - or I'll die not knowing: but what exactly does a "director's cut" mean?! How is it different to a 'normal' DVD film?

*Running and hiding in shame*

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 03:07:34 pm »
Yeah Jarhead May 15th, I can't wait! It is kind of sad that I know what date it is off the top of my head!

Anyway the directors cut has extra footage. It is exactly the same film, it just has extra scenes that they didn't put in the real film. Some times they have different ending, which is not the case with the DD DVD, but every film is different. On my disk (that I got free with a newspaper) it only had the film with the extra scenes but I know for a fact that if you go and buy DD in a shop it will have two discs. The first will have the film with the extra scenes on and the second disc will have alot of extras and behind the scenes footage. Which includes Jake doing a irish jig and being basically Jake.

I hope I have helped! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 07:26:33 pm »
I guess a common theme in displaying the BBM trailer on DVDs is "films with Jake Gyllenhaal", huh?

I went to Blockbuster today to rent the full screen version (they don't have it, damn) and  they had a whole wall unit full of BBM DVDs for rent (3/4 were out). In the middle, a row of DVDs of "October Sky", "Bubble Boy", "Highway", Donnie Darko" "Lovely & Amazing", "The Good Girl" and "The Day After Tomorrow". I asked the clerks, two girls, if that was the "Jake shrine/worship wall", and they both almost shrieked "OH, MY GOD! WE LOVE HIM!!!"

LOL, it's quite comforting to see my obsession with Jake being surpassed by others - by comparison, I feel almost normal. 
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 08:52:54 pm »
There was a great one (trailer) on Broken Flowers - so good I not only tried to copy it to my VHS but I almost bought the DVD just to have the trailer! 
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"