Author Topic: Jack is here  (Read 7935 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jack is here
« on: December 09, 2006, 07:50:25 am »
The wind is gusting to 25 mph here today, according to weather.com.  Bullroar - it's gotta be more like 30-35.  It's howling outside the windows and whipping through the eureka palms like it does at the onset of a tropical storm.  He's here.  Is he where you are today, too?

(<--- really should seek professional help)
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack is here
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 08:01:45 am »
He was here yesterday Barb.    The wind was howling around my house.  It felt like I was in Riverton, Wyoming!  I wanted to look out my window and see Jacks beat up black truck come up my street, backfire and then pull into my driveway.

<..seek professional help  ? >    Nah!     There isn't an office big enough to hold all of us!    he he he!

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 11:23:32 am »
He was here a few days ago, strong wind gusts that nearly blew me off my bike! It's all Jack....

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 08:36:47 pm »
 Barb -

Yep, he's here today, full force.  Maybe it's Jack's way of saying 'Happy Anniversary' to all of us.   ;D  In my town today the wind is 30 mph (according to Weather.com) and 38 mph over in San Francisco.  Nothing compared to Wyoming wind, of course, so I'm adding these visuals to put things in perspective:

Gotta love Big Wonderful Wyoming's 'State Tree'!   :laugh:

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:19:40 am »
It was windy and rainy here off and on today.  I was indoors listening to it with Nicks Dachsund, Butch.  Cute little guy.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:13 am »
Oh, I like this! 8) 8)  I live in a very windy place. Was out biking a bit earlier today and getting back home proved a tiring and annoying exercise because I had strong winds pushing me backwards as I was struggling on, without any let-up.  From now on when that happens I'll just imagine it's Jack passing by and making himself known. Will make it a much more happy experience!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 01:57:24 pm »
The trees are barely moving here.

I love wind, but my allergies don't.  All that dust and crap stirred up.

I remember those years in Wyoming.  First place I'd ever seen 'Wind Warning' signs in the middle of a prairie.  Then we actually saw the results of a typical summer thunderstorm there while driving on the freeway.  18 wheelers were pulling over, trying to steer into the wind,  RVs actually blown over.  Scary.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 04:41:18 pm »
WOW!  This is really amazing.  :o

Yesterday (Saturday) I read in the paper that there were unusually high waves, so I bicyled out the the beach along the Pacific Ocean to look at them, before the rain started.  For some reason I took my camera.  I didn't think about Jack until I read this thread and remembered that some of my wave photos show the wind blowin water off the tops of the waves and foam blowin along the beach.  For those of you who know San Francisco, these are pictures at Ocean Beach and Seal Rocks off the Cliff House.

Pete

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 06:30:06 pm »
Pete, your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for posting!   :)

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 06:31:31 pm »
Beautiful pictures, Pete!  I would've recognized those rocky formations even if you hadn't told where they were.  The rain must have washed off their usual 'snowcaps' (bird-poo :laugh: )  I LOVE all the rain and wind  we've been experiencing out here lately.  Pete, you might be the only one who'd know why thinking of the Cliff House makes me mad!

The Cliff House has evolved:

From this...

To this!   >:( >:( ??? ::)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."