Author Topic: Completed Jack and Ennis Fanfic  (Read 96392 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jack and Ennis Fanfic
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 12:18:24 am »
Hi Jane,

Thanks for this recommendation!  I just finished reading it tonight (it seems I'm a bit slow to this party...), but now I'm curious about what your favorite romantic moment is! 

cheers
Amanda

Awright, I'll spill it, it's the part about the photo of the two boys.  I thought that little story, and the just trying to visualize the photo is very romantic and lovely.  So nice of their friend to send them that little surprise picture!   :-*  I have kept my eye open for two shots of Jack and Ennis to photoshop together, but the two I have don't really work, at least not that I can visualize.  Jack is in the right pose, but his expression is all wrong, and Ennis' expression doesn't really match either.  I dunno, maybe it's just me, what do you think?

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 01:28:57 am »
Hi Jane,
Well the way I picture it, Jack is seated behind Ennis... maybe Jack is on a log and Ennis is sitting with his back to him between his legs and Jack is sort of leaning forward and around to kiss his cheek. I don't know why I see it that way (maybe I'll have to go re-read that part of the story).  In the two pics you have it looks like they'd be side by side.

It really is a very sweet moment.  Thanks again for the recommendation.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 01:57:40 am »

Yeah, I think you've got it, and the two pics that I have do not work, oh well...  I love visualizing it the way you said though!   :-*  I can see it in my head just fine,  ;D

merrobot

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2007, 07:58:29 am »
Hi Jane,

Thanks for starting this thread, I'm always looking for recs of really good E & J fics :D  May I be allowed to add one of my own personal favourites?

White Picket Fences and Apple Trees:
http://midget-size.livejournal.com/2912.html#cutid1

It is now into it's second part but the first part is complete.

Can I also add my name to the list of people who enjoyed Helen's delightful Christmas and New Year story - being Scottish it was a real treat to read it - the locations and accents were spot on!  :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 09:54:42 am »

Hello Merrobot!

Hey great that you have one to add, I don't even know that one, so thank you!  Rouxb had a great suggestion so for those who don't know, all the recs are being compiled in the first post of this thread, I will add this one to it and the ones I am about to add tonight.

Thanks again to everyone for their contributions to this thread.  Yea Jack and Ennis!   :D

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2007, 09:56:42 am »
Ok, two recs again this time, cause one of them is a one-shot and it takes only five mins to read, but it is good and I saved it....

wannabebrit, Empty

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/701088.html#cutid1

Description:  Canon, Real Deal.  It takes place the night Jack drops Ennis off after the Reunion fishing trip.  Angsty and heart-wrenching....   :'(  7 pages long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bailey, Just Another New Kid In Town

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.msg141255#msg141255

Ok here is the 2nd rec, it is by a very prolific writer name a Bailey, AKA baileymoyes.  This story is AU, Jack and his mother move to town and move in with Uncle Harold, Jack meets star pitcher Ennis Del Mar.  They are both still in high school.  32 chapters, complete.  The link is through the Dave Cullen Forum.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2007, 10:27:33 am »
I definitely second Just Another New Kid in Town  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2007, 12:21:36 pm »
I really enjoyed 'Just Another New Kid in Town," too. It's funny and sweet and not too sad. I really like how Jack & Ennis's loving relationship develops, and how they explore everything with each other. cc33

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2007, 11:46:16 pm »
The author of Cabin Fever, pairofdeuces, was in the middle of writing a really long story called Lost  that seems to have staled out a while back.  It was up to chapter 17 and can be found on pairofdeuces live journal mixed in with Cabin Fever.  I was wondering if anyone knows about this story or if they've heard any rumblings about it being continued.  I got sort of hooked on it.  It's much, much different than Cabin Fever.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:46:24 pm by atz75 »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2007, 11:52:16 pm »
Of course there are the stories:

For a Little While, Some Silver Lining and Over the Bridge (these 3 are a trilogy- all completed) and Nobody's Angel (in progress and worth the wait... and usually updated pretty frequently) by maidenofthesea.  They're all really, really good. 

http://maidenofthesea.livejournal.com/

And the classic 48 Days, which is a great one for those wanting completed stories... And, for which there is now a promised sequel (or so they say).
http://testa-dura.livejournal.com/

cheers
Amanda
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:04:18 am by atz75 »