Author Topic: There is a poll today on your favorite Ang Lee film.  (Read 3381 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
There is a poll today on your favorite Ang Lee film.
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:43:05 pm »
There is a poll today on your favorite Ang Lee film.

http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: There is a poll today on your favorite Ang Lee film.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:56:51 pm »
I voted.  :)

Eek! 17% vote that they don't like any of Ang Lee's films! I think I almost pity those voters. They're really missing out.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:16:19 pm »
I really liked all of the top four vote-getters (CTHD, BBM, Sense & Sensibility, The Ice Storm). Well, except for "none of the above."  ::)

People who didn't like his movies... well, there's no accounting for taste.  :-X  I'm looking forward to his next movie more than I am to seeing Heath or Jake on the screen again. (Sorry, boys. I'm an Ang groupie.)

Hey, is RouxB responsible for that poll?
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:27:37 pm »

That's what I figured.

I love BBM, S&S and the Ice Storm. *Really* like the Ice Storm, and by no means (just) because of the blue-eyed one.

I've also got a hankering to watch the Wedding Banquet, and have recently been sniffing around DVD online sites in order to buy it. But I can only find it in Zone 1 (US) versions. Zone 2 WB DVD just doesn't seem to be available.  :-\

But  :blushes furiously:  I didn't much care for CTHD. I thought it was boring and way too slow. Perhaps I should re-watch it with BBM glasses on.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:27:51 pm »
I tried to pick one, but had to give up and select all. I even like "The Hulk!"

Yes, that's got to be Ruby. You go, girl!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 12:17:20 pm »
Maybe this is the place to post - I  was going through some files from my office a few weeks ago in Los Angeles, and came upon a DVD that was given to me by a producer friend.  His company had produced some commercial spots for BMW that were supposed to be sort of mini-films.  I never had any interest in watching it.  I vaguely remembered reading the names of the directors at the time - John Frankenheimer and Ang Lee.  Wasn't that familiar with nor excited about either.  There seemed to be a buzz about it at the time, and even though I felt like I should watch it, I didn't.    Well, when I pulled it out again, of course ANG LEE in the title just sent me into emotional  mode.  OOh, Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain, tear, tears, sniffle, tears.

Okay, this mini-film is called "Chosen".  It stars Clive Owen, and some little kid.  It's shot really well, and the story seems sort of mysterious and interesting, but in the end it turns out to be a sort of silly advertisement or preview for "The Hulk"...oh, and also a commercial for BMW.

Is anyone interested in seeing it?  After a having a very difficult time I managed to convert the file to a Quicktime Movie which is 56 MB in size.  I think I can compress it to less than half that size and upload it somewhere and make it accessible to Chez Tremblay members.

However, before I take the time to do it, I need to know if anyone's interested in seeing it.

Sorry about the verbose posts today.  I've been writing chronicles about this small Texas town I've spent a lot of time in this year (subject matter : the incredibly F-ed Up youth here, and their drug, sex and crime culture), and feel the need to describe in detail everything I am describing in detailed description.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 08:20:56 pm »
Maybe this is the place to post - I  was going through some files from my office a few weeks ago in Los Angeles, and came upon a DVD that was given to me by a producer friend.  His company had produced some commercial spots for BMW that were supposed to be sort of mini-films.  I never had any interest in watching it.  I vaguely remembered reading the names of the directors at the time - John Frankenheimer and Ang Lee.  Wasn't that familiar with nor excited about either.  There seemed to be a buzz about it at the time, and even though I felt like I should watch it, I didn't.    Well, when I pulled it out again, of course ANG LEE in the title just sent me into emotional  mode.  OOh, Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain, tear, tears, sniffle, tears.

Okay, this mini-film is called "Chosen".  It stars Clive Owen, and some little kid.  It's shot really well, and the story seems sort of mysterious and interesting, but in the end it turns out to be a sort of silly advertisement or preview for "The Hulk"...oh, and also a commercial for BMW.

Is anyone interested in seeing it?  After a having a very difficult time I managed to convert the file to a Quicktime Movie which is 56 MB in size.  I think I can compress it to less than half that size and upload it somewhere and make it accessible to Chez Tremblay members.

However, before I take the time to do it, I need to know if anyone's interested in seeing it.

Sorry about the verbose posts today.  I've been writing chronicles about this small Texas town I've spent a lot of time in this year (subject matter : the incredibly F-ed Up youth here, and their drug, sex and crime culture), and feel the need to describe in detail everything I am describing in detailed description.

I've seen that little commercial. It was interesting and had a mysterious mood to it, but you're right in the end, it was a commercial for the car manufacturer. Did sort of act as Clive's "Bond audition" as many dubbed it. I also imagined that it started the idea for the "Transporter" movies.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 11:32:42 pm »

I really liked all of the top four vote-getters (CTHD, BBM, Sense & Sensibility, The Ice Storm). Well, except for "none of the above."  ::)

People who didn't like his movies... well, there's no accounting for taste.  :-X  I'm looking forward to his next movie more than I am to seeing Heath or Jake on the screen again. (Sorry, boys. I'm an Ang groupie.)

I think I'm innocent...

Heathen

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 02:03:30 am »
Here's the download link to "Chosen" by Ang Lee.

http://rapidshare.com/files/7551938/Chosen-Ang_Lee.mov.html
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 07:17:01 pm »
I missed the poll.

I LOVE Ang Lee's movie.  The only Ang's movie that I have not seen is "Ride with the Devil" and "Chosen".  If you have not seen Ang's Chinese movies like "Pushing Hand", "Eat Drink Men Women", or "Wedding Banquet" you should seriously consider watching them.  They are as good as, if not better than the other movies.

Thanks Flashy for provide the link to "Chosen"!  I am downloading the movie as I type.