Author Topic: Peter Boyle of "Everybody Loves Raymond" Dead at 71  (Read 2436 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Peter Boyle of "Everybody Loves Raymond" Dead at 71
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:23:49 pm »
'Everybody Loves Raymond' Star Dead at 71

By DEEPTI HAJELA, AP

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 13) - Peter Boyle , the actor who played the hilariously grouchy father on "Everybody Loves Raymond" as the final note of a distinguished career that also included a memorable role in Mel Brooks ' "Young Frankenstein," has died. He was 71.

Boyle died Tuesday evening at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease, said his publicist, Jennifer Plante.

"I am deeply saddened by the passing of Peter Boyle ," Ray Romano  said, adding that Boyle was a mentor to him from the early days of "Everybody Loves Raymond."

"He gave me great advice, he always made me laugh, and the way he connected with everyone around him amazed me. The fact that he could play a convincing curmudgeon on the show, but in reality be such a compassionate and thoughtful person, is a true testament to his talent," Romano said.

"It's like losing a spouse," said Doris Roberts , who played Boyle's wife on the sitcom.

While a generation of TV viewers knows him as Frank Barone - with his trademark "Holy crap!" line - Boyle had a respectable career long before "Everybody Loves Raymond" debuted in 1996, including a part in Martin Scorsese 's "Taxi Driver." He also was close friends with John Lennon, who was best man at Boyle's wedding.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Peter Boyle of "Everybody Loves Raymond" Dead at 71
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:37:38 pm »
"Holy Crap!"

That's too bad.   He will be missed by many.      :'(

injest

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:09:40 pm »
I really liked him. He seemed like a really nice man.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 04:43:48 am »
I am so saddened by this news tonight.  :'(  I still remember how wonderful he was tap dancing in Young Frankenstein.  Lovely, lovely man.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 05:11:38 am »
awwww... thats so sad. I love him in everybody loves raymond.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 07:43:50 am »
I was so sad to hear this! I think he was an amazing actor, the fact that he could do comedy (ELR) as well as a part like Buck Grotowski in Monster's ball just acknowledges what an accomplished actor he was...  :'(