Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18322 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:45:19 am »
Personally, I have many irrational reactions to this movie. The fact that I've seen it six times more than I usually see movies in theaters is just the beginning. But this, I think, is my weirdest one:

OK, I have huge admiration for Heath and Jake and the other cast members. But I also get uncomfortable seeing them as themselves in interviews and public appearances, because it makes me feel as if maybe Ennis and Jack aren't "real." Which of course they are.

Weirder still, I get jealous of Heath and Jake because they know Ennis and Jack better than I do!

How bout you?

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 11:49:13 am »
My resolution to watch more than one film seems momentarily satisfied by my decision to purchase the Full Screen version in addition to the Widescreen--

That is weird, no? Just checking....
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:42:54 pm »
Weirder still, I get jealous of Heath and Jake because they know Ennis and Jack better than I do!
That IS weird! But I have said it on BBM and PT, but I'm feeling jealousy too! Not so much of Heath and Jake knowing Ennis and Jack better, but for being what I've always wanted to be and being able to do, what I've always wanted to do..  :-X

Kind of irreational for me was to travel all the way to London just to go see the movie (my first time!) and all the way to Lille (France) to see it a second time. Red-lined all the way, arrived, found a place for my car and ran to the cinema just in time! In February I booked a week-end to London to go to the BAFTA's (though I have to admit, that I've done that before in February 2002 to see Russell Crowe (for "A Beautiful Mind") and now I'm biting my nails, 'cause it must have been exactly the time, when Jake was in London performing on stage in "This is Our Youth".... Maybe I bumped into him without knowing..)). I did see Jake and Ang (but I think nobody else recognized him, because there was no yelling when he passed and I really only saw him, when he was about to disappear into the ODEON building). Did not see Heath and Michelle..

And then all that 'too little sleep' to stay up through the night to see the OSCARs live and to post on all kinds of boards. And buying magazines, something I almost never do and also buying basically ALL the DVDs of Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal films or now ordering them via AMAZON (something I don't do often either - maybe once every 2 years or so..). And then there is begging fellow Tremblay'ans to send me stuff over from the US (hm, Vic  ;)), like cow-boy hat charms and special-made T-Shirts. I'm even trying to get a youtube.com video done - though it takes a lot of time.. I've been fighting trolls and archiving threads and have been discussing this beautiful and amazing film with perfect strangers, but who I'm so proud to know! This is not the place/thread, but THANK YOU ALL!  :-*

The only other series/films I've been discussing online and meeting with people is some German soap (way back in 1999), Will&Grace and Russell Crowe. I'm still a fan of Will&Grace, but the two other addictions have stopped completely!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 01:35:03 pm »
Most irrational reaction?

....not being able to watch Heath in the "Patriot".   I just can't bear to see him die at the end (in slow motion no less)    It was bad enough to lose Jack, but to see Ennis die would be too much again.   I just can't stand seeing our boys suffer!   :'(

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 01:46:02 pm »
David--

Stay away from 'Monster's Ball.' You'd never survive it.

:'(
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 01:46:31 pm »
seeing the film 15 times in a 3 months span, that's pretty irregular, I'd say.

finding myself in tears everyday since December might also be considered rather irrational.

Like you, I don't want to think of Heath and Jake as the people they really are. I want to see their faces and think of Ennis and Jack.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:49:37 pm »
David--

Stay away from 'Monster's Ball.' You'd never survive it.

Oooo!!  thanks for the warning!    :-\

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:54:34 pm »
Every morning when I first wake up, I daydream about the second tent scene and how the rest of it would, um, transpire.    :o

Then I want a smoke really, really badly.  And even though I don't act on that last part (quit a long time ago), it's all good.
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 02:35:38 pm »
Irrational...
Wondering what Ennis did with the rest of his day after Alma Jr. left his trailer. Wondering if he really did tell his boss to get another cowboy for the round-up and made it to Alma's wedding.
Wondering what Ennis and Jack were thinking during a particular scene.
THEY ARE NOT REAL PEOPLE! But I can't convince myself of that!

I'm going to insert some nervous laughter now, hoping you guys won't think I'm crazy: ehehehhahah.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:46:07 pm »
You're not crazy, Sparkle. At least no more so than the rest of us.

Here's another confession: had anyone told me three months ago that I would soon be spending hours each day chatting with (supposed) strangers over the internet ...

Yet I wouldn't quite call that behavior irrational. Talkin to you guys is how I keep a grip on whatever scraps of rationality I still have!