Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18324 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 05:08:21 pm »
I only realised what my most irrational reaction was just now.

After my fourth viewing, I worked out a formula, using the length of days between previous viewings, to determine when I would watch it again.

Then I forgot about it.

Crazily enough I stuck to the formula for the next viewing.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 08:54:02 pm »
LOL.  I love this thread.
Yes, I've never seen one movie so frequently in such a short time span.  And, I honestly can't believe how much time I've spent on the computer seeking out brokie company (it really is tons of fun!).  And, like many of you I also find myself trying to fill-out scenes in my head or just generally dwelling on bbm issues when I should be doing other things.  The amazing thing is that I haven't even come close to growing tired of it. 

Other than these relatively common features of Brokeback fever,
My wierdest reactions have been:

With regards all the DVD commercials for BBM on TV the last few weeks, if I hear the commercial coming on in the next room, I'll run back to the TV just to watch the silly commercial.  Why do I do this?  I have no idea. 

As for the soundtrack... until my DVD arrived a few days ago... I had been feeding my BBM needs by listening to the soundtrack constantly (like someone else said... it was the only CD in my stereo for weeks) and I don't even LIKE country music.

And, like what has been said above about guilty feelings re: other movies.  I started watching Capote the other day on DVD and I felt all guilty and had to stop. 

Maybe worst of all... I really have noticed my self starting sentences with "tell you what..." once in a while (at moments when I wasn't even meaning to!)

ps. JudeW, WHERE did you get those Brokeback similies hugging in the fashion of the Flashback scene?! Adorable.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 09:48:33 pm »
My most irrational response:

I gag whenever I see Ennis at Alma's wedding.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 03:02:32 pm »
confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here:

Ok, I beleive that Jack and Ennis are real!

*sticks out tongue, foams at the mouth and runs off to take anti-psychotic pills*

Any day now, some men in white coats are coming to take me away...

:-\

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 04:59:18 pm »
After I first saw the movie I binged on sex for about two weeks.  I felt compelled to acknowledge, celebrate and utilize my freedom to have sex with another man without fearing for my life or livelihood.  I'm glad that didn't happen after each of the other 9 times.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 11:57:20 pm »
OK, so now I'm having a harder and harder time watching the second half of the film.  You would think that the emotional impact of the 2nd half would have lessened a bit now that I've seen the movie a zillion times and analyzed bbm backwards and forwards here and on imdb.  No.  Quite the opposite is happening.  I find myself distraught and crying from almost the Earl story on.  I'm increasingly struck by a sense of frustration as much as melancholy and general sadness.

I'm sort of glad that the movie can still impact me this much.  I've been worrying that I would eventually sort of overdose on BBM. Clearly, I don't need to worry so much.
 :-\ :'(

ps. DeeDee what is that picture in your avatar from?  Just curious.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:07 am »
I haven't watched the DVD all the way through yet. I keep stopping after the post-divorce scene. See, if I don't watch the rest of the movie, then maybe Jack will spend the night in a hotel in Cheyenne (can't drive for 28 hours straight, not all emotional like that), and then wake up the next morning and decide, screw it, I'm going back when the weekend's over.

Or at least, maybe if I don't watch the movie to the end I can keep Jack from dying.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 08:50:29 am »
I booked a flight to New York City just to meet a bunch of total strangers and chat with them about a movie! Shall be leaving the green hills of Northern Bavaria in the early hours next friday. Makes me feel like on a sugar high. Old Brokeback got me good, I guess...

::)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:52:22 am by pipedream »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 11:43:07 am »
I booked a flight to New York City just to meet a bunch of total strangers and chat with them about a movie! Shall be leaving the green hills of Northern Bavaria in the early hours next friday. Makes me feel like on a sugar high. Old Brokeback got me good, I guess...

::)

Anke - It may seem irrational, but its something you'll probably remember for a long time afterwards!  ;)  Something crazy, spontaneous and fun!  Yeehaw!!  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 12:07:49 pm »
Tell you what, we are all irrational together, because I have done many of these same things. I have:

-- Been tempted to stop watching halfway through, like Mel and Amanda (I'm holding off on getting the DVD until I can't stand it no more -- which I guess is kind of irrational in itself -- but if I did I would stop it right after the "sending up a prayer of thanks" scene and try to convince myself that it ends there.) :-*

-- Gagged, like Flashframe, when I see Ennis and Alma's wedding. Also when they're sledding. I don't like seeing Ennis smile so happily at anyone other than Jack. :P

-- Been barely able to enjoy other films, like monimm. :'(

-- Also like monimm, lay awake in the middle of the night (hell, practically every night!) thinking of Ennis, Jack and the film. Not always hurtin, though! ;)

-- Insisted, like Lucise, that Ennis and Jack are real. What, are you implying they're not?! :o

Unlike Kirk, though, I have not binged on sex. If only!!!! ::)