Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18326 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »
Heya DeeDee,
I'm still curious... what's the story behind the photo in your avatar?  Where did you find it?

cheers!
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 06:37:29 pm »
In my third viewing, during the scene when Ennis finds the shirts, someone's phone went off and I was so into the movie, I turned to my friend and said "But Ennis doesn't have a cellphone" (I'm not even joking).

Of course, wanted to pound the person's head in with said phone...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 06:53:04 pm »
LOL Chantelle! I remember you telling me about this! :laugh: ROFLMAO!

You checked SOD lately, I put some new stuff up if you wanna take a look.
Gotta love the Dill! O0
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 06:57:25 pm »
In my third viewing, during the scene when Ennis finds the shirts, someone's phone went off and I was so into the movie, I turned to my friend and said "But Ennis doesn't have a cellphone" (I'm not even joking).

Of course, wanted to pound the person's head in with said phone...

LMFAO!  That is friggin' hilarious!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2006, 01:19:52 am »
Bump
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2006, 10:18:38 pm »
This isn't irrational--it's TOO rational, but it's weird: In one of my 25 viewings (theater viewings), I suddenly got the idea: these two actors are probably having a good time, most of the time: talking, working, herding, cooking, wrestling, fighting, playing games, showing off for eachother--but they aren't having any fun making love...and it made me very sad...just for that one showing.

Well, I think they at least *got into it* a bit.  I bet they had fun too and just won't admit it outright.  Here's a quote from Jake about the love scenes that I think is cute.  I've posted this in other places.  But, it's worth repeating.

"And then when it came to doing love scenes and stuff like that, the best metaphor I can give is that it felt like we were both like, ‘Are you ready? Yeah. Let’s go,’ and we dove off the boat into the deep end. It’s like when you’re terrified of the water, you see a little kid thrown in the water and they’re trying to get back to the boat as fast as they can. That’s what it was like. But at the same time when we were there we really went for it.
We knew we had to consummate this somehow. It couldn’t just be a story about friendship because there’s a part of two people connecting intimately, sexually, that drives that intimacy through the years. In my opinion when you see the movie, as soon as that happens, you’re like, ‘Okay, I’m here now. I’m ready to see what’s going to happen.’ Or, ‘I’m out of here. I’ll see you later.’ But either way it does knock you into something. We knew that it was going to have to do that and we were going to have to commit to it. There was a high five and jump in…”

By the way, this thread rocks.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2006, 08:01:21 am »
I don't know how weird is this but I rented Jarhead the other day and while watching it I kept wondering when did the draft finally get Jack. I tried to picture Jake as Swoff but I kept seeing Jack Twist with a helmet instead of a Stetson.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:37:59 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 12:32:30 am »

The first time I saw the film,  my mind was completely taken over by images of Jack and Ennis; scenes were playing left and right..  I felt like I was losing it.  To add to that, I wanted to be left alone, I needed time to think, time to myself, time to reflect on somethings ... I even lost my appetite at one point, I felt like I was going insane!  The friday after that first viewing, I was supposed to meet up with friends, cancelled those plans and stayed home!..thinking  :-\.  Then the following Saturday and Sunday, I went back and saw the film again.  It was abit wierd, the way I was feeling seemed pretty "out there" because I hadn't felt this way about another movie.  I gradually accepted my addiction, but that first week was something else  ;D

THAT!

boy, that coulda been me writing that.  sounded so familiar I went  :o while reading it.  never had such a reaction to a film before.  actually don't know if I've had such a reaction period, to anything.  it's all way too kooky  :-\.

other irrationals.  wearing my stetson and Cool-Texas-Boots again, buying and wearing a Brokeback t-shirt (plain black, text only  with "I wish I knew how to quit you" printed in white), buying a new DVD player just so I could watch my region one disc four months prior to the region four release date,  spending an inordinate number of hours debriefing with you cyberfolk, listening to nothing but the soundtrack or youtube tracks for past three months, avoiding seeing Jake or Heath in anything else, getting as excited as a teenager about all sorts of 'silly' things again, and last but not least, seeing one film 12 times in 12 weeks. 

w

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 05:09:30 am »
Okay, another irrational reaction to BBM:

The first time I saw the film,  my mind was completely taken over by images of Jack and Ennis; scenes were playing left and right..  I felt like I was losing it.  To add to that, I wanted to be left alone, I needed time to think, time to myself, time to reflect on somethings ... I even lost my appetite at one point, I felt like I was going insane! 

THAT!
boy, that coulda been me writing that.  sounded so familiar I went  :o while reading it.  never had such a reaction to a film before.  actually don't know if I've had such a reaction period, to anything.  it's all way too kooky  :-\.

Same here, & it's still got a grip on me.

Does being so wrapped up in BBM it makes you forget to pay your credit card bills count as being irrational, or just plain stupid?  I've racked up late payment fees on all my cards which I've never done before, including the one I share with my partner.  I had to hide it from him as I was too embarassed to explain why.   :P
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 09:27:29 am »
I've racked up late payment fees on all my cards which I've never done before, including the one I share with my partner.

AAAAAACCCKKKK!!! Me too. Here's a tip, nic: if it's your first time (or at least your first time in a year or so), you can call the credi-card company and ask them to waive the fee and they usually will. They'll ask you to give a reason why you were late, though, and you might want to come up with a different excuse than your Brokebackaholism.

(Do I sound like I have much experience with this? Let's just say I've been late a time or two even BEFORE seeing Brokeback, though having my mind overtaken by the movie sure didn't help!)