Author Topic: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here  (Read 18338 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: confess your most irrational reaction to BBM here
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2006, 11:18:18 am »
Heya DeeDee,
I'm still curious... what's the story behind the photo in your avatar?  Where did you find it?

I'll help you out here, Amanda.  I believe it's from Jarhead.  DeeDee will have to fill us both in on where she found it, though.
No more beans!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2007, 01:25:20 am »
bump
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 09:10:35 am »
I re-read the whole thread because I just had a pretty irrational reaction myself  ;D.

I can say 'Amen to that' to so many postings on this thread. Laying awake at night and thinking about BBM, shortly after ones first viewing doesn't seem to be so irrational now, does it? I think it was pretty common.

Ok, what I did today:

I saw a documentation about rodeo cowboys yesterday. No, that's not the irrational thing I'm talking about, wait a little. Although I sure wouldn't have watched it a year ago. And I could picture Jack, sitting beside me on the sofa, bragging and commenting  ;D. Mostly it followed Clint Cannon around the rodeo circuit. Today I checked the internet for Clint Cannon. I found a page where the PRCA Prorodeo lists the "Rookies of the Year" - and I went straight back to the year 1964  :o, the year we know Jack Twist was on the curciut. The guy who was the overall rookie of the year in 1964 was Jim Steen from Glenn's Ferry, Idaho. I caught myself thinking: If Jack had been real, he would have known this guy.
Sometimes I really do doubt my sanity  ::).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:10:23 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 09:22:58 am »
I hear you Chrissi. But instead celebrate that we have found a new way to stay sane in this crazy world!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 10:21:24 am »
I hear you Chrissi. But instead celebrate that we have found a new way to stay sane in this crazy world!

:laugh: Yep. It depends on the perspective, doesn't it?
Having found other Brokies sure is a way to stay sane (or to not notice the looniness, cause we suffer enjoy it all the same ::)).