Author Topic: You're 19...  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: You're 19...
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 09:09:13 pm »
Yeah, I think Alma Jr. knew about Ennis.  This reminds me of several old threads over on the big board. 

It seems that there are a few clues along the way to indicate this.  When Ennis introduces the girls to Jack (in the post divorce scene), Alma Jr. seems quite pensive (she has a more thoughtful demeanor than Jenny during that brief meeting).  Also the girls saw Jack and Ennis hugging at that point too (and even though it wasn't a kiss... it was a pretty substantial hug).  She would have known about all of the trips he took with Jack two or more times a year (and he NEVER traveled with Alma or the girls).  I'm sure she would have been clued into the idea that there's something at least really important about Dad's friendship with Jack.  I think the best clue is the conversation with Cassie about her Dad not being the marrying kind.  I think she was unhappy with the Cassie relationship because she knew it was a big cover.  I'm guessing that Alma Jr. is a pretty smart girl... and probably sensitive enough to figure some of this out.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie