Author Topic: Jake Gyllenhaal hosting SNL in January 07  (Read 18318 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Gyllenhaal hosting SNL in January 07
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 02:16:28 pm »
*insert nodding head icon here* Yes - those of you with technical skills - get it posted on you tube for us!!!!

(also Barb thatnks for the though - but are US video tapes not differnt to Euros? I ahve iot in my head they are..... but I could be totally wrong!  )

Crap.  I do believe you're right.  Well, I'll bet someone here has the technical skills to get it onto youtube.  And if not, someone else out there definitely will get it there not long afterwards.
No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 02:49:11 pm »
From Mikaela:
My main gripe, of course, is that this show doesn't air for the whole world to see it. I can only cross my fingers and rely on some kind soul getting it all out on YouTube or the like, so us non-Americans can join in the fun.

A girl can hope, right? I'm hoping along with you & Kelda here.

(also Barb thatnks for the though - but are US video tapes not differnt to Euros? I ahve iot in my head they are..... but I could be totally wrong!  )

You're right. North Americans have the NTSC system for color transfer (dictionary says ink transfer?) on TVs, we Europeans have PAL. American videos don't play on our equipment.

All our hope has to be on youtube. Like back then, before the BBM DVD came out... :)

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 03:08:52 pm »
**Kneels in humble supplication before the power of almighty YouTube**

Pretty pleeeeaaaase?  :-*

(Sure hope that helps! I went to NBC's SNLL home page and got slight heart palpitations when I saw the somber Jake pic they're sporting. Makes it real, somehow.  Although they spell his family name wrong; - they've got it as Gyllenhall....)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 04:47:01 am »

All our hope has to be on youtube. Like back then, before the BBM DVD came out... :)

i remember it well..*groans* and can I just say apologies for my CRAPPY spelling in the previous post (I keep cringing when I re-read it)- I really need to get better at typing in a hurry!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 12:25:45 pm »
Not to rub salt in all your wounds, but I just came across this on youtube - the promo for the show tomorrow night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnWMCv73KbI

No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 01:43:36 pm »
Not to rub salt in all your wounds,

Au contraire, it gives us hope  :). If people bother with bringing even this tiny bit onto youtube, they'll sure put the hole show up there, too  ;D.

Thanks for the link.

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 06:00:26 pm »

Just bumping it up as a reminder!
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx