Author Topic: Timeline following Lake Scene?  (Read 5466 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Timeline following Lake Scene?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 12:24:41 am »
Thanks Everyone  - incredibly helpful information; and especially to goadra who emailed me the following timeline (goadra, if I may credit you with the following link you provided and partial text of your email):

This topic has a timeline for the film. (This timeline is not perfect--it attempts to merge the film, the story and the screenplay.)
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3822.0

It pains me, as it must all of us, in trying to put a chronology to the story - the tragic irony of Ennis initiating the November meeting via the postcard without knowledge of Jack's death. It's hard for me to grasp the emotional impact of this.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 10:17:07 am »
It pains me, as it must all of us, in trying to put a chronology to the story - the tragic irony of Ennis initiating the November meeting via the postcard without knowledge of Jack's death. It's hard for me to grasp the emotional impact of this.

I hear you. Musta felt like getting kicked in the gut to get that postcard returned.  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 01:37:00 pm »
I hear you. Musta felt like getting kicked in the gut to get that postcard returned.  :'(

I know you're referring to Ennis -  but I think we all felt that way too! I don't know why I can't let go of this movie although I'm beginning my descent down BBM to some degree.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 02:24:50 pm »
I know you're referring to Ennis -  but I think we all felt that way too! I don't know why I can't let go of this movie although I'm beginning my descent down BBM to some degree.

Tell you what, friend, some of us been ridin' this thing for a year. Ain't no reins on this one!  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.