Author Topic: Some getting to Know you Questions  (Read 10076 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: Some getting to Know you Questions
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 05:29:43 pm »
Dogs or Cats?Dogs rule, cats drool! Bonus points if you know what film that line is from That would be from Homeward Bound. Sorry I am a fan of furry films! I would have to say Cats rule and dogs drool! Cause I have my very own sassie! But I am a dog and a cat person. I  don't favour any animal over another (true wannabe vet speaking)

I hate to quote myself but technically I got that right too! I want a pat on the head aswel momma! ::)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 05:47:42 pm »
1.Batman or Superman? Batman - I like the 'noir-ish' feel.

2.Best Date: Dinner and a movie or hang out with a group of friends?  Home-cooked meal and then a movie.

3.Pizza: Loaded or Pepperoni?  Plain Cheese  :)

4.When you speak in front of a group, you:  Are calm and direct OR very nervous:  I have a major problem with public speaking but I've improved lately.

5.When you’re sick : be babied/taken care of  OR. Want to be left alone:  A little bit of both. I'm miss moody.

6.Perfume/Cologne/After Shave?  I like subtle perfumes.

7.p/c/as For yourself or others? Both. Sure.

8.When a relationship ends:  Either we never speak to each other again or we break up and make up 5 times or we become good friends and I'm a bridesmaid at his wedding.

9.At the Beach you:  Lie in a chair and read usually or go for a run.

10 People consider you:
* outgoing and witty  OR     Shy and quiet.
*  shy and quiet  OR
*  rude and obnoxious

11You consider yourself:  I used to be a nerd but I've changed a lot since I was the spelling bee champion in school...
*average,
*above average,
*intellectual
*a nerd                     

12. Renting a movie on a Saturday Night:   All of them, though I have a preference for foreign/independent films.
*comedy OR
*sci-fi/horror  OR
*action/adventure  OR
*romance  OR
*foreign/ independent 

13. Dogs or Cats?  Dogs definitely. I had a pet yorkshire...he went missing so I never got another pet again.

14. In the Yard or in the house?  Pardon?  :)

15. Football or Baseball?  Basketball

16.  Heath or Jake?:  I'll make sure all of you are invited when Jake and I get married (or when I'm a bridesmaid at his wedding - will let you guys know how it works out)  ;D

17.  Jack or Ennis?: Have to say both. They're a pair.

18.  You see a guy/girl you would like to get to know. . . you:   I'd probably wait for the other person to make a move.
*have a friend introduce you
*be bold and introduce yourself                       
*wait for them to make a move
*do nothing, they probably won’t like you

19. Coke or Pepsi?:  Coconut Water 

20. What childhood memory makes you happiest?  Every now and then, my father would take me out for lunch, just the two of us - and it would just be so nice and peaceful.  Also, my brother used to take me to the movies every week. I remember hiding behind him while watching Silence of the Lambs.

I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 11:39:44 pm »
1.Batman or Superman? Batman - I'll go with the tortured soul every time.

2.Best Date: A hike in the mountains.

3.Pizza: Loaded or Pepperoni?  Extra mushrooms, extra cheese

4.When you speak in front of a group, you:  Are calm and direct OR very nervous:  Quite decent at this now - it really gave me problems in my formative years, though.

5.When you’re sick : be babied/taken care of  OR. Want to be left alone:  If I'm in my cave, you need to give me a wide berth.

6.Perfume/Cologne/After Shave?  occasionally, if subtle

7.p/c/as For yourself or others? ditto

8.When a relationship ends:  I get really mad at myself if I'm tempted to go back...Never go back...Usually end up friends, though.

9.At the Beach you:  go scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming - cannot lie still for tanning more than 5 minutes.  I have a secret desire to learn to surf that I credit to Keanu/Point Break that I haven't been able to realize yet.

10. People consider you: shy and quiet initially...after they get to know me, it's usually, 'I thought you were shy and quiet, but..'

11. You consider yourself:  definitely a nerd of the computer/science variety

12. Renting a movie on a Saturday Night:   classics, especially noir...I had a Bogie filmfest on the couch by myself this year on New Year's Eve...BBM still hadn't opened anywhere near me.

13. Dogs or Cats?  2 kitties - Titania & Oberon - 9 years old from the same litter.  Titania knows how to play fetch, tho'.

14. In the Yard or in the house?  In the woods.

15. Football or Baseball?  Football, British-style (soccer)

16. Heath or Jake?:  Mebbe Jake...I try very hard to remind myself to differentiate the actors from their characters, but he really seems terrific.

17.  Jack or Ennis?: They go together.

18.  You see a guy/girl you would like to get to know. . . you:   I'm the bold one.

19. Coke or Pepsi?:  Water or wine.

20. What childhood memory makes you happiest?  Tough question...not a real happy time.  My grandma was terrific, though.  Memories of her are bittersweet.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 11:53:09 pm »
Reanna's liking to "run on the beach" gives me this vision of an exotic version of "Baywatch".  ;D

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 05:42:57 pm »
LOL Della  :D  it's usually not very exotic....
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 04:47:25 am »
1.Batman or Superman? I loved watching Superman after school (The Steve Reeve one).  I loved Batman too (the Adam West one), but was more rehular with Superman.

2.Best Date: Dinner and a movie or hang out with a group of friends?  Hang out.

3.Pizza: Loaded or Pepperoni?  Pepperoni and olives.

4.When you speak in front of a group, you:  Are calm and direct OR very nervous - Calm and direct when I know what I'm talking about, otherwise nervous.

5.When you?re sick : be babied/taken care of  OR. Want to be left alone  Babied - which really means let mesleep alot, but be at my beck and call.

6.Perfume/Cologne/After Shave?  Yes or No - No

7.p/c/as For yourself or others? - No

8.When a relationship ends:  avoid each other OR stay friends  - Both.  Rarely have contact but know we love each other forever, we're just better off apart.

9.At the Beach you:  Tan, Swim OR guy/girl watch - Burn, make little shell and rock mandalas on the sand, wade in up to as deep as I can see the bottom (I've developed a huge fear of sharks.  Sitting here in the middle of a house in the middle of a city, I'm checking around nervously for approaching dorsal fins - it's really put a crimp in my love of snorkeling.

10 People consider you:  - I think more people consider me outgoing and witty, but there are definitely thosewho see me as rude and obnoxious.
* outgoing and witty  OR
*  shy and quiet  OR
*  rude and obnoxious

11You consider yourself:   - In what?  Smarts?  I'm officially above average in IQ, according to IQ tests (but here I'm probably just average, we've got some SmartieSmarts here).   In other ways not so much.
*average,
*above average,
*intellectual
*a nerd

Renting a movie on a Saturday Night:   - Smart comedy ordrama, not violent.
*comedy OR
*sci-fi/horror  OR
*action/adventure  OR
*romance  OR
*foreign/ independent 

Dogs or Cats? - I live with one ofeach, but may never have a cat again, because I've developed an allergy to them in the last few years.  How's that for sad?  I think I'd rather give up chocolate than cats.  (But don't hold me to that.)

In the Yard or in the house? - For the first time in my life, I love my yard and my house.

Football or Baseball? - Neither

Brokeback Mountain or Crash?: ( sorry could not resist) - I've only seen the one.

Heath or Jake?: - Heath (but Jake's good too).

Jack or Ennis?: - Ennis, but I love Jack too.

You see a guy/girl you would like to get to know. . . you: - introduce myself.  That usually doesn't feel bold.  Now facing finances, THAT's bold. 
*wait for them to make a move
*do nothing, they probably won?t like you

Coke or Pepsi?: - Neither.  But a fewtimes a year I craveand have a Diet Dr. Pepper.

What childhood memory makes you happiest? - Ah, this gave me a nice stroll.  I think performing with my friends and doing hairdos!

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 06:16:03 am »
1.Superman - pure masculinity
2.Best Date: Dinner and a movie - movie first, something to talk about over dinner
3.Pizza: I make my own, vegie with loads of onion, green peppers, tomato, edam - all fresh
4.When you speak in front of a group, you:  Are calm and direct OR very nervous - can be either. depends.
5.When you’re sick : be babied/taken care of
6.Perfume/Cologne/After Shave?  No
7.p/c/as For yourself or others? Hunh?

8.When a relationship ends:  stay friends - ideally (in fact, not)

9.At the Beach you:  cruise
10 People consider you:
* outgoing and witty  OR
*  shy and quiet  OR
*  rude and obnoxious ALL

11You consider yourself: 
*above average,
*intellectual
*a nerd

Renting a movie on a Saturday Night: 
*comedy OR
*sci-fi/horror  OR
*romance  OR
*foreign/ independent 

Dogs

In the Yard but he'll say in the house

Football or Baseball? neither

Brokeback Mountain or Crash?: Wouldn't mind seeing Crash

Heath
Jack just to be perverse
You see a guy/girl you would like to get to know. . . you:

Coke or Pepsi?: Oh you Americans! Lemon & Paeroa (local mineral water)

What childhood memory makes you happiest?
When a young guy who had a crush on me cut his hair to match mine

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2006, 08:03:17 am »
I only want to comment on one question.

Superman is great for a number of reasons.  He's an alien with superhuman powers, the last of his kind, who was brought up with the values of a Kansas farmboy.  He's the most honorable guy in comics, the one nearly every other hero tries to be like.  I also like his whole environment and supporting cast.  Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Luthor, Metropolis, etc.  My favorite run of Superman was back in the early 90's when he had good writers on each of his 3 titles.

You might have heard about the storyline where he died around '93.  That made the news.  That story sucked, but everything following that, leading up to his return, was outstanding.

Batman is an interesting character.  Driven by vengence and a sense of responsibility to do what he can to make sure no other child goes through what he did, to the point where he often resembles the maniacs he fights, in terms of obsession.  He's a master of everything from detective work to martial arts.  What makes the Joker his greatest adversary is that Batman is a creature of logic and deduction.  Because the Joker is completely insane he's completely unpredictable.  Commissioner Gordon is a great character as well.  Always has been in the comics.  So glad they finally made him worthwhile in the last movie.  Other than Gordan and Alfred, another great one, most of Batmans supporting cast wear costumes; Robin, Catwoman, Nightwing (Dick Grayson, the original Robin who has long since grown up and assumed another identity).  Batman has a great cast of villians!  In that he has Superman beat hands down.

I'd have to say Superman is more Jack-like, out-going, trying to be as true as he can, and Batman takes after Ennis, the darker guy living in a cave, doing what he can to keep the darkness reigned in, never able to beat it.

Okay, that was overstating things.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2006, 08:38:40 am »
Wow, Kirk, no wonder you only answered one. Imagine if you answered all the questions like that...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!