Author Topic: Funny experiences.  (Read 2139 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Funny experiences.
« on: December 20, 2006, 01:59:50 pm »
What is the one story/ experence you cant retell without totally cracking up every time even though you think you finally can. the longer ago the better.

MIne:

Eighth grade speach class Walter Dexter Jr Hi. We were to give a demonstartion speech. A lovely you buxom lass, Gail Ross was demontrating how to splice electrical wire. She used the extesion cord for a transistor radio. When she finished she was a=bout to plug in in to the outlet, the teacher asked " Are you sure you you know what you are doing?". Gail said yes, plugged it in, blew up, sparks everywhere. This was over 30 years ago and I still can't tell it without laughing so hard I'm in tears!
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Funny experiences.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 03:27:31 am »
Mine is a "you had to be there" but I'm gonna tell it anyway. This was maybe 15 years ago after being at my job 3 years. One of my co-workers has, and still does, a very dry, droll sense of humor. I am a sucker for a good play on words and one day he was showing me how to prepare a particular type of loan document. He had filled in one borrower as John Doe, one as Jane Doe and one as Doe C. Doe. I starting laughing and could not stop. Pretty soon, one by one, everyone else in the office started laughing. It took about 20 minutes for me to settle down.

O0

Heathen

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 03:51:44 pm »
Haha-a-a!!!  :laugh:  O0 RouxB, reading your post made me actually do a spit-take! So glad I had already swallowed my coffee!  Seriously, I burst into laughter at 'Doe C.' .                           Heh heh....yep.....still laughin'     :laugh:

I came to this thread today because I was just writing a note to Ellemeno and brought up our time together at the Castro Theater.  And, of course when I thought of that, I started laughing out loud thinking of what she said to me during the movie.  I'll retell it for JPWagoneer1964, with the understanding that the incident is something that makes ME laugh every time, not necessarily anyone else!

When all of us were at the Castro Theater in San Francisco to watch 'Brokeback Mountain' on the big screen, I was happily seated between Ellemeno (Clarissa) and sfericsf (Eric).  I was totally engrossed in the film, and eagerly anticipating the upcoming 'reunion kiss' scene (as many of us do).  JUST as Ennis looks out, sees Jack, and starts down the stairs, Clarissa leaned over, partway raised out of her seat, and whispered in my ear, "I'm gonna go get some popcorn."  Well, I started laughing, shaking with laughter, I could barely contain myself and it took several minutes for me to stop.  I'm the only one who heard her say that, so Eric and anyone else around us must have thought I was insane!  Uncontollable laughter during this most beautiful, treasured, exciting kiss onscreen in the history of cinema??!!  Elle later offered an apology, thinking that her idea of a joke may have ruined my film-viewing experience.   On the contrary, it has provided me with laughter, EACH and EVERY time I think about it....  which, I think, was the premise of this thread?  ;D  I guess I need to offer apologies to any of the other theater patrons who may have been disturbed by my inappropriately timed glee!    :-X :D
And, thanks to Ellemeno for a laugh that will last a lifetime.   :laugh:
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 09:26:04 pm »
Melinda-baby-long time no anything!

I remember the popcorn incident and it was flippin funny!

O0

Heathen